Is it only me, or is AS2012 overwriting my Shade settings? I don't know if it's each time, and I'm not 100% sure, but I wanted just to ask before I go into deeper testing and comparisons!Some comparison shots:My old settings - installed AS2012 - run Shade to set&forget:Shade-ON.jpgThen I ran AS2012 wx influenced again, with only Clouds and Sky to install, and this is the result:Shade-OFF.jpg

Edited by Kosta

Hi, As2012 do not replace shade. I have saw similar things at ground airports and hazemountain issue with shade installed from others and before as2012 was released. Also some can experiment these with windowed or full screen.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,I know you don't replace Shade as it is, lol. :)Which texture, or setting replaces Shade? Can it possibly be made in the update a setting which separately updates those files, so it can be taken out? I'd like to keep my Shade settings - I much more like my darker FSX.What issues are there with Shade installed? I saw none, yet... using Shade since it got released.

I'll think you have run Shade GUI afterwards, check in Shade GUI after AS2012 install graphics process, settings here was way off!!!

Edited by Bakern

Well, it doesn't happen with REX - it must be some textures that AS team included, which should be fairly easy to exclude, or make an option for that.

Chris,Waterset is completely fine, AS2012 is set not to change the water, water is from REX and it's only the angle in which it seems broken - but reflections and animations are all well, I can assure you.Is it possible to implement the change about the Shade?

I can attest to this bug as well. Anytime I inject AS2012 textures (which is every flight), my Shade settings are wiped and I have to re-run the shade configurator. Not the end of the world, but not ideal either. I'm fairly certain injecting REX textures does not have this effect.

HI, Interresting that the shade are wiped, the shade do have texture or only config? There is shade config in the fsx.cfg? because when you install clouds with as2012, it change the resolution of clouds either 2048 or 4096 depend on users, so it might erase data from shade if they are in the cfg.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

We don't really know what shade really does. Best would be to contact the shade developer. On iphone now...