Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Carenado Cessna T210M Centurion II

I just have to say wow. Thank you to Ray Marshall for an incredible review on the C210. That was really really well done and a pleasure to read.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I just have to say wow. Thank you to Ray Marshall for an incredible review on the C210. That was really really well done and a pleasure to read.
++1

Absolutely. An entertaining and informative read.GUMP!

Thanks for the accolates guys. It is easy to write a good review when you have something as good as this one to work with.An update has been added at the end of the review to clarify exactly which liveries come with the download and which ones in the review are freeware repaints that were downloaded from the Avsim library and Aussiex.org.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

A wonderfully laid out review Ray, well done and thank you for your effort and time.

Brilliant review Ray.....you set the bar pretty darn high for the rest of us :good:

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Very good review but I have not seen a comment on FPS performance. It would be good to get a comment as us older comp users (C2D E6750) have had issues with some of Carenado past offerings especially the HD series.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Very good review but I have not seen a comment on FPS performance. It would be good to get a comment as us older comp users (C2D E6750) have had issues with some of Carenado past offerings especially the HD series.Shez
Shez,One big item on this. I hope you saw that we covered the Lite and HD textures in extreme detail. As far a FPS on the test system, it runs better than most. I use an external limiter set at 30 and I usually have something very close to 30 most of the time. It is one of those things of the past that we tend not to notice on a well done new addon. The minimum hardware specs are listed in the review.I would expect the C210T to run very will on a dual core system with a good or better than average for the day graphics card. Like the 7950GT - 8800GT range or equivalent. I'm not familiar with the C2D E6750.You can check at the unofficial support site that was mentioned in the review and ask if some of the users have older systems and what kind of FPS they are getting. I have not seen anyone compain on any of the forums about bogging down the FPS.Thanks for the comments.Ray

Thanks Ray.C2D E6750 is Core2Duo E6750 and my GPU is a GTX570.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks Ray.C2D E6750 is Core2Duo E6750 and my GPU is a GTX570.Shez
I would expect the Carenado 210T to work just fine using the Lite textures. Check with the Carenado support forum here at Avsim and see if someone else has a similar setup. It is a very enjoyable addon.Ray

Thanks for the review...  I've had the plane for a few days, and sorry to say... it's in the corner of the hanger as a home for the hanger critters.

This was my first high winger add on, and I picked it simply because I cant fly 150 kts and not fall ah sleep.. What killed this bird was the sight line... they are terrible, terrible, terrible. God Awful, Terrible.

I set my sight lines with the real alinements one would have with my EzDok and track IR. A typical man will have a face full of panel, and the top of the door on your left. As you taxi, you get to see where you will end up on take off... up...  you have to sit up and lean forward to see where you are going on the ground... which is the first most important thing before doing anything related to the machines intended purpose. In the air you will get a shore neck ducking below the door to see the 747 about to T-bone you in mid air. The sounds are also chainsaw based.

This one is a pass... maybe the 177RG and it's fixed wing brother are better in the seeing department... but alas... they are slow.

Because I'm in 50 bucks deep (AreZone 210 sounds required... not an option), I tried to get used to it... but one trip over BlueSky sealed its fate... My original purpose to have a high winger for sight seeing with real speed was crashed, and burned.

I don't think this is restricted to th C210 or Carenado or highwings only. I think it has more to do with a flat 2d monitor and attempting to recreate a 3d object. I also have Exdok and TrackIR but I only have a vertical problem with these type aircraft. When I get the panel and view forward correct for me the wing is too low for me. Once up in the air I don't notice the sightline so much as I set it for a correct wingtip view and I have thousands of hours in real Cessnas.

Regards,

Ray

I've always puzzled about this issue.  It makes no sense.  In real Cessnas I had zero problem seeing out the side.  If you look at the virtual pilot in the seat, where's his eye?  Can he see outside the side window?  What is his eye level with?  If you match that view best you can from the side, what do you then see directly in front of you?  Is it what he sees?  I use EZDoc to look to the side so I cheat...I lower my view.  But, I might make more of an effort on this and try to figure out why.  Try to figure out what, exactly, is wrong with the view.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I think Raymar is on the spot... tying to create something on a flat panel of a 3d object. I've got a few hours in myself, and when I go to shows, my number 1 goal is to get in the left seat of all the aircraft that will allow it...  for no other reason then to get the sight lines..

LOL... just thinking about some of those conversations cracks me up. "You want to what? For what?? Oh oh.. simulations.. ok.. yea sure, just don't touch anything.."

I will admit to not having had the pleasure of sitting left seat in the 210.. so I ordered me up some you tube. Based on the average pilot, door placement and windows in that bird... well.. I just don't know what they were thinking.

Anyway, the reviews are always really great, and I didn't mean to sound like a sour puss.. but did want to say thanks.

Actually, yeah, that was one of my favorite reviews.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM