Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Agh! CTD

Just had my first CTD for ages.Flight was great, but just as I was turning base at LOWI in the NGX, I got the following:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: leveld.dll Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 464de430 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000283e4 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 8b34 Additional Information 2: 8b34007a502c5b862406adf830af0329 Additional Information 3: 6d22 Additional Information 4: 6d22911fc6e679f17f1be31e8c3cc034Is that not stating that 'leveld.dll' caused the crash? Yet I was NOT flying the LDS767, I was flying the NGX!What's the score here? Anyone know?

Edited by Dougal

Since it's the leveld.dll, maybe disable that one when using other addons. You can use the <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> line in the dll.xml to receive a small dialog when you start FSX. Or you can delete the entry temporarely to avoid conflicts with other dlls.On the wider view, one would have to ask why the dll shows up in the log though. This doesn't necessarely mean that it's the culprit.

Is that not stating that 'leveld.dll' caused the crash? Yet I was NOT flying the LDS767, I was flying the NGX!
Unlike gauges, DLLs are running all the time, irrespective of the loaded aircraft. Report it to their support forum.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen