Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

22K 24K 26K?

Hey,i was wondering, when i opening the FMC there's Ident page it written there for the 700series24k for the 800 series 26k, now, can i change it for example, if i am using 737 can i change it to 26k or 22k? or this prohibited?else how can i calculate the takeoff performance with out any program, the thrust is too high, i always take off very very quick, so can i lower it for 22k? thanks in advance, and yes i have done a lot of mess with that topic, sorry about that LOL...

Daniel,Reduced thrust takeoffs are a very complicated safety calculation in the real world - it's usually done by dispatchers.This program is the best thing we have in the sim world for doing it:http://www.topcatsim.com/
Ryan,the 800 datas found with topcoat perfectly matches the ngx. its the cfm56 7b26 engine.Now what about the others profiles 600, 700 and 900 ??? are you guys working on it with Christian Grill from Topcat or what? Like RSR says it, Simulation means something for those understanding the word. So without those datas i feel LIMITED . Can you guys say some words about it?

To be honest, it works well enough for the other aircraft. If you think about it, if a -700 at a weight of X has the same thrust output as a -800 at the same weight X, it'll have similar performance.Granted, I'd prefer the exact numbers, but for now, it'll suffice.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Hey,i was wondering, when i opening the FMC there's Ident page it written there for the 700series24k for the 800 series 26k, now, can i change it for example, if i am using 737 can i change it to 26k or 22k? or this prohibited?else how can i calculate the takeoff performance with out any program, the thrust is too high, i always take off very very quick, so can i lower it for 22k? thanks in advance, and yes i have done a lot of mess with that topic, sorry about that LOL...
After you insert your route and weight data into the FMC you should get a page that gives you a thurst selection. You can chose different thrust ratings from there, select those ratings and use the A/T on take off and there you go. I am confident this is gone over in the tutorial.As for calculating without any programs, unless your a MIT math Phd student probably wont be able to.

Daniel,Reduced thrust takeoffs are a very complicated safety calculation in the real world - it's usually done by dispatchers.This program is the best thing we have in the sim world for doing it:http://www.topcatsim.com/
Ryan,I used TOPCAT extensively with the Level-D 767. Performance calculations were spot on, and it was very nice having TOPCAT load the aircraft for me to match the MAC% for T/O trim, etc. This thread prompted me to re-download TOPCAT from Sim-Market. I realize that loading PAX/Baggage isn't supported or recommended for the NGX, but how accurate are the performance figures in TOPCAT for the NGX?
After you insert your route and weight data into the FMC you should get a page that gives you a thurst selection. You can chose different thrust ratings from there, select those ratings and use the A/T on take off and there you go. I am confident this is gone over in the tutorial.As for calculating without any programs, unless your a MIT math Phd student probably wont be able to.
Right. But as stated above, runway length (accelarate, decelerate distance) must be calculated and factored into which derate (if any) is appropriate. Something I don't want to do before every flight (which leads us full circle back to TOPCAT). Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Performance calculations were spot on, and it was very nice having TOPCAT load the aircraft for me to match the MAC% for T/O trim, etc.
For the record, because of approximations of bag weight and pax weight, you're never going to be that spot on. It's just a thought, but I see where you're going. To be honest, when I used TOPCAT to load my Wilco Airbuses, they ended up being more stable than how the developer built them (which isn't saying too much - not to start a flame war).On the NGX loading comment, I'm sure you could get by, but I wouldn't do it, since the current version has only been tested with the FS9 version (officially). And again, loading is easy enough through the FMC and you can just use the weights from the loading page in TOPCAT. Most other planes have some difficult-to-use load manager.

Kyle Rodgers

thanks everyone! so i can change between the 22k 24k and 26k right?
Yes, but you need to make sure that you have enough thrust for the given aircraft weight - which is where the charts or programs come from.

Matt Cee

You can derate and use assumed temperature, but you cannot set a certain aircraft to have a base setting of 22, 24 or 27k. You just get the default setting of 26k on the 800 for example. Major draw back for this simulation which is supposed to be the ultimate NG simulation in FS.

True: I thaught reduced thrust was like playing darts. Untill the moment I started practicing Engine Failure after V1. Not good :Hypnotized:Bert Van Bulck

IRW the dispatcher would do some complicate calculations and tell you what thrust to use. But we are in a sim, and we have two choices: do it realistic with topcat, or try other settings how we like them. Take off with a light -800 and 27k thrust... And get ready for a deep kick in your a**!!

I use TOPCAT with the NGX, but I just hate how I cann't get TOPCAT to load my Bagge PAX and Fuel yet over a network!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom