Sign in to follow this  
Darth Mop

difference of 747-100 engines

Hi uhm, I hope the mods won't be mad because of this thread but I have a serious problem which didn't catch attention in the appropriate forum, I'm currently working on a air hong kong 741 but I have no clue if POSKY has ever released the correct model, check this:http://www.airliners DOT net/photo/Air-Hong-Kong/Boeing-747-132(SF)/1320443/L/&sid=0eaedbed5ff4561acf4f785a9be1a346as you can see it's a SF model, but the POSKY SF model does not have the correct engines? do you know which ones are the correct ones and if POSKY does have it modelled?35705952.jpgbtw, ignore the AA paint, it simply copied it over to the SF model

Gotta be one of these model packages no? ... 747-100SF?http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=63

hi ed, I've downloaded 747-100SF JT9D (OS741SFV4_JT9D) SP3A, since that's the SF package, but the size of the engines are not correct, and I have absolutly no idea about 741 engines :(

wrong as well, the engine cowlings are smaller on the AHK aircraft, first time I want to paint an aircraft while the model is missing :(

Edited by Darth Mop

After a little digging around on the internet, I think I can answer your question.This particular aircraft was one of the 5 747-132's build for Delta Airlines. Build in 1970 she was equiped with JT9D-3A engine, with the charactaristic "blow in" doors of early 747-100's.When retired by Delta in 1977 she was converted to SF configuration by Boeing, before being delivered to Flying Tigers and eventualy EL AL Cargo and Air Hong Kong Cargo.My guess is, that during the 77 conversion to freighter the engine cowling was replaced by a updated one also used by the -100B or -200B versions, while retaining the original JT9D-3A engine.So my best guess is that this was simply a hybrid version which Posky hasn't modelled.before 1977 conversion:http://www.airliners [dot] net/photo/Delta-Air-Lines/Boeing-747-132/1934998/L/&sid=7951f0b337cf70051d4cc7ed0d49d73e after 1977 conversion:http://www.airliners [dot] net/photo/Flying-Tigers/Boeing-747-132%28SF%29/1523348/L/&sid=7951f0b337cf70051d4cc7ed0d49d73ehope this helps you out.Sander net/photo/Delta-Air-Lines/Boeing-747-132/1934998/L/&sid=7951f0b337cf70051d4cc7ed0d49d73e

so which model would you recommend which comes closer?http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=63

Darthmop,Best part of all POSKY planes whether it is 747s or 757s is that you can SWAP engines. If you do not agree with their engines and you want to swap for correct engines from other POSKY 747s, then you can do that!!!! So find correct engines from other POKSY 747 and move the engine textures to your 747.Aharon

signCopy.jpg

uhm nope, there is only one SF model on POSKY's site and it does not have the correct engines, but whatever, I'll paint it either on the other engine variant without the cargo door, or the SF model without the correct engines...

Darthmop,What I am trying to say is that if SF model has wrong engines, then you can get correct engines from other POSKY 747s to put on your SF model by copying engines's texture files from other 747s and paste those files into the texture folder of SF model . This is what I did for my POKSY planes when I find out they were using wrong engines..Aharon

signCopy.jpg

It doesn't work that easy, Aharon.Darth Mop, I honestly wouldn't know, neither of these models are 100% matches in terms of the engine nacelle. I personally would just use the SF model and accept that there wil be inacuracies, you could try and use the -100B or even the JT9D-3 model (you'd get the older engine cowling with blow in doors, but you should at least have the right JT9D engine), but I think you won't get a 100% accurate ressult either way.Sander