Sign in to follow this  
Rusty107

Climb Bug

HiNot sure where to find reference however, for a few weeks now I have had to click on the Add-ons, on the menu bar then open FSUIPC then click ok in order for the aircraft to climb using VNAVDoes anyone know if this bug has been fixed?Cheers!

There is no climb bug. I always open FSUIPC and test a couple buttons before pushing back from the gate as this refreshes FSUIPC. (It is good practice to do this before pushback on every flight). Reason being if you do not do this FSUIPC could be slightly out of whack at the start of FSX and some of your buttons or axis may not be functioning. By refreshing FSUIPC your avoiding this issue.There is a Heat Bug that causes climbing issues but your talking about FSUIPC.

Edited by UAL115

In order for something to be a bug, it needs to be something that confirmed across more than one application (meaning, it has to happen on more than one machine). The reason most people take that stance is that if only one machine is suffering from a particular issue, it's likely a configuration error, or user error. I point this out, because people overuse the term 'bug', sorry.To address your issue. When are you trying to engage VNAV? If it's immediately after you take off, it's not going to work because the minimum is 400' AGL. Since I don't have any other information, I have to make assumptions and my assumption is that you're trying to select it too early, and it just happens that by the time you run through clicking on the other spots, you've passed 400'. I apologize for the broad assumption, but without much to go on, I'm taking shots in the dark.EDIT:Also, to back up what Paul said, I'll agree that if you're using FSUIPC to send the command, he's exactly right in that, occasionally, you need to get FSUIPC to wake up first. I use FSUIPC for my PTT among other things, and I occasionally need to go into the FSUIPC screen to get it to send commands properly.

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Hi and thanks for the repliesI will endevour to open FSUIPC each time I fly the NGX as suggested, I have just installed SP1b so will report back :)

Russ Bailey

EGJB