Sign in to follow this  

Shadows

I wonder how the shadows are in MS Flight. Not only in the VC, but also on the ground from buildings! I've seen screenshots that made me go WOW but I wonder if those shadows come at a high cost or not.... Shadows are one of the big things missing in FSX. Shadows make the sun shine and I've been longing for sunshine since I started flying on the pc.

Well, shadows are clearly much improved in the vc at least, as it is obvious from the video clips that've been made public at the Flight website...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As much as the shadows are improved I feel like the lighting still needs tweaking, it looks washed out imo, the shadows need to be stronger, there needs to be much more contrast between sun and shade. The way it is now it's too soft, makes a sunny day look like it's being lit from an overcast sky. On a sunny day shadows should be really dark and the sun should hit you in the face. I'm sure they will improve on this over time and hopefully we get to see cloud shadows.

The sunsets are spectacular, with the light bending over the nose when flying into the sun. Scary real.Kind regards,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.