Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

Land Class Catalog/Textures

Hi,does anyone know if there is a tutorial or anyone can help me and tell me how to make a landclass catalog which i can add own landclass texture. And where does the folder/bgl/xls where the LC Texture are located. And if i need to change the LC texture do i need to change some of the textures in The /scenery/world/texture Folder.Thanks,Kristian

I haven't studied indepth, but I have ORBX FTX-NA-NRM installed, and they have modified terrain.cfg to add their own landclasses using landclass values that are unassigned in the [LANDCLASSES] section. The also add {Texture.x] sections for vector polys using those new landclasses. I don't know if they only use the new landclasses for vector polys only, but also in landclass definition bgl files. But it appears that the textures are in their custom scenery area folder. I'm guessing this was done by Holger Sandmann, who I believe is on their terrain dev team. I think Holger has done more than anyone else to use the power of terrain.cfg.scott s..

There is no particular need to modify the terrain.cfg file in order to add one's own ground textures. Simply create a land class file as usual, then create custom textures, name them according to the textures that would be called by the land class file, place them in the local scenery folder with that file, and it will use those textures instead of the default.This trick works with land class polygons (PKX) as well as normal land class files.It is also possible to create specific autogen annotations for those textures, place them also in the local scenery folder, and they too will be displayed instead of the default.Best regards.Luis

Edited by LuisFelizTirado

It doesn't really matter, just make a normal land class file to cover your project and use any land class value that you want. For example, use "Dirt" land class to cover an area.Then, you must know that the land class value for "Dirt" is 131 but the texture name is quite different - it is 131b2su1.bmp and there are numerous variants. Check the World\texture directory to see the variants.Then, make your own personal custom tiles and give them the same texture names as those variants.Then, simply place the land class file and the custom textures in a local scenery folder and you will get your custom tiles displayed in the game.Best regards.Luis

Thanks Luis i Will try this as soon as possible and i hope i Can get a Good tutorial on how to add to a landclass the autogen so it be applied on it by just add it the sim.Thanks Luis i Will try this as soon as possible and i hope i Can get a Good tutorial on how to add to a landclass the autogen so it be applied on it by just add it the sim.

I have already indicated a number of tutorials and the SBuilderX Help file for you. If you will take the time to read them, you will see that they answer all of your questions and much more.Best regards,Luis