Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Well, Im an Xplanner now

In the last few months , I feel like my head is spinning with all the rumours and statements on Flight, P3d, FSX & Xplane.Ive been with FSX for the last 6 years and FS9 before that. Although Ive had fun with FSX, Ive spent far more times fiddling with it than actually flying. I tried P3D and it impressed me, but there is still a lot of tinking to get stuff to work right and I just want to fly! Rise of flight is the only sim Ive actually enjoyed lately, but of course thats not the same type of product.So I tried the Demo of Xplane 10 and liked it, so I just ordered the program a few mins ago. I wont have it for a few days, but Im looking forward to sinking my teeth into it. I know its not perfect, but what is? I had XPlane 9, and never really got into it, but then again I never really gave it a chance. I do think XP10 will play a big part in the future of this hobby since there are not as many choices anymore and FSX is starting to show its age.I was reluctant to embrace XP10 at first. I was looking for reasons not to like it. I passed that point now and realize its potential, so Im off to experence the world of XPlane!Rob

welcome! just pay attention that you do not get frustrated with the beta process and you will have a lot of fun with x-plane over the next few years!

My feeling too, I think it will turn out ok but you may have some frustrations at first. It's not there for me yet but I give each release a bit of a go to see whats happening.

You'll learn to start loving it. Just give it some time. Trust me. :(

Hello Rob,As a great admirer of your screenshots of FSX and DCS A-10C I can't wait to see your X-Plane shots!Cheers!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thanks,Im looking forward to getting my DVD's. Im well aware of Xplanes strenghts and weaknesses, so I feel I have realistic expectations. Its is a work in progress, so Im not expecting any miracles. Im am hoping for a change of pace from FSX, and of that Im confident.Im also adicted to taking screenshots, So once I get it set up and working to my liking Ill post a few shots. Im going to pick up a few payware planes for it too. I know I want the Carenado F33 (which Im familliar with from FSX) and the CRJ-200 ( Ill wait till I get use to xplane before taking the plunge on that one).Rob

VegaI really enjoyed that videoI don't have the full version yet, but you video gave me a good idea on how the sim looks on other parts of of the world. Those mountains look nice.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I am STRONGLY leaning towards XP.. I have been using MS since FS4.. I have been very dedicated going up through every version since.. It is difficult parting with a line of software i have been sooo dedicated to staying with.. But with, well you know, XP-10 is looking more and more like the way to go.. The updates and discoveries on how to make things work, and what is already in the sim are just amazing.. Correct me if i'm wrong.. I would assume, like FSX, XP uses real world information at all the airports, i mean ILS freq's TWR Freq's, Nav Aid's ect.. And like everyone says it is just going to continue getting better and better..I guess i am not STRONGLY leaning towards it, it is just a matter of time till i DO get it..

I would assume, like FSX, XP uses real world information at all the airports, i mean ILS freq's TWR Freq's, Nav Aid's ect..
It does.

Just click on the airport in the map, it gives all of the control frequencies, weather info. disance from your plane. You can click on any nav aid and it will give he freq, and distance from youHaven't you downloaded the demo?

Yep, the demo is the best way to see what you're getting since it's the same code as the full version minus world wide scenery and with a 10-minute limit. It is otherwise identical to the retail version.

Edited by Mountain Man

Yeah, i have the demo.. The ten minutes runs out so quick though after tweaking and getting everything set, weather, time, ect, you don't have very much time left to explore.. I want to see what OKC looks like on here really.. I am looking forward to attempting to create the buildings downtown.. Doesn't look like a very difficult process.. I have tinkered with the software in the past, just never had the plug-ins and the correct steps to create.. I believe the sim can REALLY come to life..

Some pics after Beta 10.3R1. Seems much improved. Since I reformatted my hard drive recently I have been trying to decide if I am going to reload FSX and all of my planes and scenery. I am really not in much of a rush to do that now. I like low and slow in a taildragger flying downloaded actual weather and making my way from airport to airport. I thought I would cross the country from east to west since I live on the east coast but after flying by Manhattan and seeing bridges floating over the city thought better of it so amd starting in Washington State and heading east. Be interesting to see how much the sim changes by the time I get to the east coast. So far I am loving flying over this scenery in all kinds of weather.