Sign in to follow this  
Movieman162

Texture Max Load Value Keeps Resetting

Hi,Sorry for yet ANOTHER help me topic but having so many of these issues latelyWhen installing the NGX there was various CFG teaks I needed to apply on top of the ones I already have, one of these is the TEXTURE MAX LOAD tweak. I have this set to 4096 yet every time I play FSX it keeps resetting back to 1024. I was checking this because I wanted to try the McPhat freeware HD textures and wasn't very impressed. Turns out this value only resets when using the PMDG NGX aircraft (default are fine). Im not adjusting any settings so that is not the cause. TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096resets to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024And this is under the [GRAPHICS] section in fsx.CFGAnother thing I have noticed is a white box appears in the top left corner when running the NGX. Anyone else notice this?Thanks

Edited by Movieman162

Another thing I have noticed is a white box appears in the top left corner when running the NGX. Anyone else notice this?Thanks
Everytime you change a setting in the FSX Display tab , texture_max_load is going to go back to the default 1024. Just avoid changing settings when possible.As for the white box, it's been discussed but I can't remember exaclty why it's there (or if it was ever actually explained). I use it to hover my mouse over in dense scenery to help FPS. (long story)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Ive not even touched my settings just straight into the Simulator and out and it resets.

Does FSX change the value to 1024 while FSX is running .. if you make changes in FSX or does it revert back to 1024 when you exit FSX?It might be better to leave the "service" running allt the time FSX is running?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

It reverts to 1024 when I exit fsx however in game visually it looks like its running at 1024 as like I said McPhat textures do not look as good as in the screenshots.

As stated above, Texture Max Load Editor will change it back to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 when you run FSX even if you mess with CFG config. I have been using that tool for about 3 months and it always keep 4096.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Ed, do you have the "service" running all the time (checked) or do you have the option set so TML starts when FSX starts then exits (while FSX is still running?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The setting should not change unless you change display settings. Mine stays at 4096 at all times. The same is true for LOD_radius, CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY and a few others. There's something else going on. Are you changing the Weather rate of change in settings? Anything in the Options > Settings > Display menu?Strange!

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I knew about the 4096 resetting to 1024 but had no idea about the LOD RADIUS also resetting. Thanks for the info, just checked by fsx.cfg and found my LOD RADIUS was reset. Changed it back to 5.5 and wow, everything looks great again.Zach, do you have a complete list of what is reset when you change the display settings ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I knew about the 4096 resetting to 1024 but had no idea about the LOD RADIUS also resetting. Thanks for the info, just checked by fsx.cfg and found my LOD RADIUS was reset. Changed it back to 5.5 and wow, everything looks great again.Zach, do you have a complete list of what is reset when you change the display settings ?
Sorry, I don't Mark. Those are the only settings I have tweaked that change back to default when using the Display Menu. Things like highmemfix, affinitymask, and anything Bojote's tweaker program changes are not reset to default. Basically anything in the fsx.cfg that coincides with Display Menu settings resets to default (except TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=xxxx, there's no corresponding setting in the menu to that). ie Level of detail radius in the Display Menu corresponds to LOD_RADIUS in the .cfg and so on. Edited by ZachLW

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It would be nice if the program ("Texture Max Load Editor") would also check/reset the LOD RADIUS to a settable value. I understand the program creator isn't supporting the original program anymore, but maybe he would be willing to provide a small revision or he could release the source code to allow someone else to make the revision and post it here with his blessing. Just a thought

Mark Zanzig

I find it easier to keep a shortcut to the FSX App folder and a backup of my tweaked .cfg. A simple delete and rename is accomplished in literally 5 seconds.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As for the white box, it's been discussed but I can't remember exaclty why it's there (or if it was ever actually explained).
It is the " Light Sensor " panel. Window 19 in the panel config file.It's for the backlighting on panels at night.Fred.

Glad that i spotted this thread didnt release that if u change things in the fsx settings that it reverts back just found out it did so reverted back to normal and have remember not to change the settings in fsx. thx for the info guys

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg