Sign in to follow this  
Movieman162

Texture Max Load Value Keeps Resetting

The setting should not change unless you change display settings. Mine stays at 4096 at all times. The same is true for LOD_radius, CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY and a few others. There's something else going on. Are you changing the Weather rate of change in settings? Anything in the Options > Settings > Display menu?Strange!
Not touching a single setting just launch fsx, close it and its gone back. It only resets when using the 737NGX and not any default aircraft.

Just save a .cfg when in-game... I have three for Orbx flying, also with different LOD radiuses

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You could get Orbx Tweak and Go little app. It allows you to set a set of profiles for different flying scenarios, which you can choose depending upon the flying situation. As Ryan said, it's very useful to have such a thing. I have different cfgs depending on whether I'm flying around heavy cities or whether flying GA or airline. It is a very useful way of getting the maximum performance from individual flying scenarios. As for the Texture Max Load, get the free app, called Frostys I think, you select the TML that you want and it loads that preset at the start of every flight... simples! I've just had a scour around the net but cannot find a usable link, maybe you should persevere. Here's a link to the Tweak and Go http://fullterrain.c...duct_fsxgo.html If yuo use this, then you can set the TML at whatever value you like.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Just save a .cfg when in-game... I have three for Orbx flying, also with different LOD radiuses
But I can't do that every time I play fsx, something has to be wrong as I seem to be the only person with this problem.

But I can't do that every time I play fsx, something has to be wrong as I seem to be the only person with this problem.
Why not?What programs are you using with FSX?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Why not?What programs are you using with FSX?
I am not using any programs (or tweaks like the HDR mod) just stock + PMDG NGX. The main reason I need a fix to the original problem is because as said in game after applying the tweak I still get visuals like its at 1024 however the value stays are 4096 in the cfg its only when i close that it resets.

Just as a thought are you running fsx as admin rights ?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think that if you have the "Add-On Manager" (The program that comes with FSDreamteams, and Flightbeams sceneries), you should just be able to check the box "Force HD textures" and that may also do it...

Hi,Sorry for yet ANOTHER help me topic but having so many of these issues latelyWhen installing the NGX there was various CFG teaks I needed to apply on top of the ones I already have, one of these is the TEXTURE MAX LOAD tweak. I have this set to 4096 yet every time I play FSX it keeps resetting back to 1024. I was checking this because I wanted to try the McPhat freeware HD textures and wasn't very impressed. Turns out this value only resets when using the PMDG NGX aircraft (default are fine). Im not adjusting any settings so that is not the cause.TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096resets toTEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024And this is under the [GRAPHICS] section in fsx.CFGAnother thing I have noticed is a white box appears in the top left corner when running the NGX. Anyone else notice this?Thanks
Tim, do yourself a favour and read my post. There is a free little gizmo which you get from the file section of Avsim, it's a free download. Install it and set your TML value at whatever you want and then forget it! Search for texture max load editor in the utilities section of the file library.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi,Sorry for yet ANOTHER help me topic but having so many of these issues latelyWhen installing the NGX there was various CFG teaks I needed to apply on top of the ones I already have, one of these is the TEXTURE MAX LOAD tweak. I have this set to 4096 yet every time I play FSX it keeps resetting back to 1024. I was checking this because I wanted to try the McPhat freeware HD textures and wasn't very impressed. Turns out this value only resets when using the PMDG NGX aircraft (default are fine). Im not adjusting any settings so that is not the cause.TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096resets toTEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
Hello Tim,There is a solution for your problem. I wrote a program 'FSX MyConfig' that restores your preferred configuration automatically.See also in the GENERAL section: How to Easily Restore Your FSX Configuration.You can obtain the program from: http://home.kpn.nl/nowisgold/fsxmyconfig/

Hello Tim,There is a solution for your problem. I wrote a program 'FSX MyConfig' that restores your preferred configuration automatically.See also in the GENERAL section: How to Easily Restore Your FSX Configuration.You can obtain the program from: http://home.kpn.nl/n...ld/fsxmyconfig/
Ed, can you save multiple profiles with different settings?

Howard

Howard, You can make various 'fsxMyConfig.cfg' files each representing a different profile. However you have to manually copy the (pro)file of your choice to the FSX data folder. It still has a big advantage in my opinion over the alternative: managing different versions of fsx.cfg.

Howard, Instead of making different 'FSXMyConfig.cfg' files, it is also possible to make different parameter sets (profiles) in 1 'FSXMyConfig.cfg'.e.g. the active profile will than be:TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12LOD_RADIUS=5.50000000e.g. the inactive profile will look like:// TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024// CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=10// LOD_RADIUS=4.50000000Anyway, instead of coping you have to edit the MyConfig file, whatever you prefer.With this program version it is not possible to make a comment like: '// blablabla' to label your profileIn a next version I am working on, the program will only select lines that contain the '=' sign and no leading '/' and ignore other lines,