Sign in to follow this  
Thruster

Flight Video from CES

eeeeee somebody had a bad day at the office....
Just had to pop in and post how great that video is. Wife and I work in an office and can see several of our co-workers just losing it like this. Great stuff. Still chuckling over the guy trying to scan his monitor. Classic.

eeeeee somebody had a bad day at the office....

Thanks for that video :( :( Bestt part of my day so far man .......

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I'd like to see the free flight part of the game before I go and say Microsoft has sold us out to the masses. I remember them saying that Flight was to be built for casuals and hardcore simmers, but that was a while ago. Priorities might have changed.

The more I see of those Flight "films" the less I like the Thing!!!!!!....just hear what the two gamers say to each other, totally ridiculous chat while playing the thing......

just hear what the two gamers say to each other, totally ridiculous chat while playing the thing......
Damn kids, get off the grass!

Simply nauseating.... just a screen full of vomit and annoying "bing" sounds as you "fly" thru the coin thingies.

Best part "Where you can do things like... turning on the GPS" LOL
I got a good laugh with "modifying the avionics" and turning on a panel light.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Maybe the free flight that was talked about in that webisode was just Flight being free to play?

LOL yes modifying the avionics inludes such thrilling moments as turning on a switch. There is free flight as you can see in one of the videos here (on the left screen).

Even if there was, you'd still need the SDK to develop addons. Microsoft said there wasn't going to be one. Otherwise you'd be stuck with the 2-3 planes that come with the game.

Edited by magnetite

Wait until it's released and we see the availability and pricing of extra content before being too dramatic. FSX can be used with a mouse or an xbox controller. Games for windows Live is a lot better than gamespy... anything is better than gamespy. KINECT, even if it was supported, is just another controller. SDK may come. It's not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

The fact that FLIGHT is flying so smoothly on an obsolete xbox console means only one dissappointing conclusion: This FLIGHT was coded for the xbox360 and then ported to PC. What I suspected all along.
What are you going on about?? It's being played on PC.

You can clearly see "KINECT" in the reflection on the screen in this video.* HAWAII only It's showing the base pack...likely the beta. Obviously only going to show hawaii.* Same FSX 32-bit engine What's your proof?* NO ATP what?* XBOX360 LIVE Irrelevant* Game for Windows LIVE Ummm, ok? That's the multiplayer client just as FSX used gamespy.* Xbox360 controller You can use whatever controller you want...joystick, Xbox360 controller, mouse, keyboard, etc* Fly-by-Mouse read the previous sentence* KINECT Where?* Gamertag Pretty much your ID for flying online, just as you had a "username" in Gamespy.* NO SDK for freeware developers. Where does it say that there will be no opportunity for those willing to let Microsoft take a cut of the $$$?It is sad a few months back everyone was still so hopeful and wishing for the best.Could FLIGHT have turned out to be a worse nightmare than this?
Also... something is not smelling right...How is this that FLIGHT (2012) is running smoothly on Xbox360. Microsoft admits xbox360 is at the end of its lifecycle. The thing came out back in 2005. It's running on a PC. Wasn't FSX single core, processor intensive? Xbox360 has three cores at 500MHZ. PowerPC is an old outdated processor dated back to 1992. Xbox only have 512 RAM. How is it they get good framerates on this thing?UNLESS of course they totally recoded the engine. There is no way a variant of FSX engine could run on xbox360. Sadly this reconfirms my original suspicions... It wouldn't be that easy to port to another platform. Would have to be entirely coded from scratch, likely.The fact that FLIGHT is flying so smoothly on an obsolete xbox console means only one dissappointing conclusion: This FLIGHT was coded for the xbox360 and then ported to PC. What I suspected all along. It's not possible, so you are wrong. what does good performance have to do with anything. FS2004 has great performance. It must have been ported from the XBox360, right? :(
Edited by HughesMDflyer4

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.