Sign in to follow this  

Over the top and down the slope...Human Clone born!

Guest Stratus_Fractus

And now we've opened a huge can of worms. x( :-grr

That was the intent of my post. Until the claim by the scientist is independantly verified, it is nothing more than urban legend.bt

And if it's true, just what we need--another Raelian amongst usHeh-heh...all the same, and with the same little tic in the left eye!:)http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,73987,00.htmlAs you can see, this morning the news is in the mainstream media. The "scientist" says, "You can still go back to your office and treat me as a fraud. You have one week to do that."Based on her comments to the world, she is:a: either loony as a toonb: a complete fraudc: the first person to successfully clone a human beingIn my opinion, b is the least likely. Too easy to fall from grace with DNA testing available. A is a real possibility, but we cannot discount c, especially since Severino Antinori, who is an acknowledged expert claims to have a boy due to be born in January. He scoffs at Boisselier's claim, but Dr. Robert Lanza who was part of the team at Advanced Cell Technology which produced the first human cloned embryo says that while the proof is not in yet, "They may be able to bypass many of the problems that we would encounter in the lab," saying that recent research shows that the earlier the cell is implanted in the womb, the larger the chance of success.Boisselier, Antinori, Lanza, and who else? The race is definitely on.Madness!!!bt

Guest emergency_pants

I really think it's a load of bull. If it's true, then I think we have something of a problem. Morally, it's a nightmare... and who knows what the poor girls and boys are going to suffer from in later life (if they reach that far!).I hope we don't go down the cloning avenue. It's going to create a social war. The "real" people vs the "pretend" people. Yikes. And maybe also a commercial one too... someone has to SELL this service! Isn't that a crazy thing to have on say on a gameshow as an occupation?"what do you do for a living?""Oh, I make people and then I sell them""well done">>>round of applause<<

Okay...this begs the following question:When and if humans are cloned, are the clones "less" than human? Should they be regarded as a separate "species" and thus have their own subset of "reduced" human rights called "clone rights"?Or perhaps they are merely the "legal property" of whoever cloned them, similar to a commercial product.

Guest KenG

>I hate to say it, but it needs to be banned. Sure, we may >need to learn how to do it, but I think theory is as far as >we need to go right now. Who knows, in the future, we might >really NEED this technique to survive as a species... but I >do believe that there are already enough people in the >World! And how do we perfect or even improve this technique unless we test it out? I agree that the last thing we need are a bunch of clones running around a world already overpopulated with humans. However, we'll never know if the technique works or has flaws unless we actually carry out the experiments. That means, we need to produce clones, see how the fare, and make necessary corrections to the techniques. My choice would be to be sticking with non-human organisms for a while longer though. However, eventually we'll need to try it out on humans, just not now.As a scientist, I can say these alien-worshipers are the last thing we needed. Scientific research and scientists are already misunderstood and distrusted. This group is not going to help matters.