Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Uum, anyone remembers Cascade Game Foundry?

this popped up somewhere else in the context of flight and I would like to pass this on to you: http://www.cascadegamefoundry.com/curious what new partners they are talking about... almost forgot about these fine guys.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I believe from their header photos that they are working on a train simulator.
yep. but I also see a xmas turtle and fish :-) and a reference to fly a plane through the Grand Canyon.anyway, did ACES also do train sim? thought they only did flight?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

anyway, did ACES also do train sim? thought they only did flight?
Yes, Rick Shelby was designer of MS Train Simulator 2 and ACES was the developer. I was also stating that I think they are working on a train simulator currently due to the images and since Shelby appeared upset that MSTS2 was not able to be finished due to ACES closure. Who knows what the future holds.

Yes ACES did do the train sim, and most of this company is former ACES memebers.
well, that would then leave just the FLY THE GRAND CANYON part which could not be any better than BIG ISLAND...

Phil Leaven

I've been sending emails to Cascade Game Foundry since Oct, 2009 with suggested enhancements for FSX. I was excited when I first saw their website and had hoped they were developing add-ons (like ORBX). I even thought they were possibly contracting back to MS to help with the next release of FS. :Sigh:For the past 2 years they've promised some news "soon". As a real-world sim enthusiast, I'm still curious what they're up to.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.