I posting this topic here because this closest forum related to this device that I could find at this website. I wear glasses and I don't have track ir and I use the mouse to pan, throttle, and instruments, and use my left hand for the joystick and it actually works well for me, faster and more precise than using the hat switch on my joystick to pan. I've been considering getting Track IR but one thing that is stopping me is that I wear glasses and I understand that with Track IR I move my head but not my eyes. Problem is that if I move my head down and keep my eyes on my monitor I see above my frames and not through my glasses which then I can't see well this way. Also the outer radius of my lenses is blurrier than the center of my lenses so when I turn my get to the side and keep my eyes facing my screen it's going to look much blurrier and I think that this is going to be a problem when using Tack IR. Is Track IR not recommend to people who wear glasses?

Guest jahman

I wear glasses too and no problems at all with TrackIR.Cheers,- jahman.

HelloI wear glasses and no problems here with TrackIR, you barely need to move your head at all.

Same here, but as I wear varifocals I have a special pair of glasses for computer . They are bifocal and the distance is dispensed at 1 metre. Because, as a varifocal wearer, you learn to move your head, pointing your nose at what you want to see clearly, your usual glasses are not so good, especially for triple screen viewing.Another warning: If you sit with your back to a window, the daylight directly onto the camera will interfere with the screen image. So you might need to reposition your setup.Having said all that I wouldn't fly without TrackIR, with a button switch on my yoke set to turn on and off during flight. For instance, I turn off when I'm on the runway ready to go.

Regards

Frank Jones

I have had TrackIR for many years but no longer use it the issue with glasses being one of the reasons, stray background light being another but having to move your head one way and your eyes the opposite way (so that you are still looking at the screen) when panning around the cockpit is the biggest turnoff as it gives me eyestrain. These days I just use EZCA and the hat switch and find panning around the cockpit to be a much more comfortable experience.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Most of the issues I've read can be fixed by using the TrackIR software to adjust different settings. Turning up Light Filter Threshold, adjusting sensitivities for less eye strain/head movement. The software allows for great flexibility for different users, and IMHO presents it in a great way. My friend Thomas had the same issue on my sim a few months ago with his glasses, Light Filter solved the issue.For $160, I'm was willing to learn the software and get it working with my preferences.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't think glasses can cause any problems... If you get the version with Pro Clip, it just attaches to your headset. So, if you can wear your headset, you can use TrackIR.

For $160, I'm was willing to learn the software and get it working with my preferences.
I'm was? :LMAO:

View PostZachLW, on 24 January 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:For $160, I'm was willing to learn the software and get it working with my preferences.I'm was?
LOL

I posting this topic here because this closest forum related to this device that I could find at this website. I wear glasses and I don't have track ir and I use the mouse to pan, throttle, and instruments, and use my left hand for the joystick and it actually works well for me, faster and more precise than using the hat switch on my joystick to pan. I've been considering getting Track IR but one thing that is stopping me is that I wear glasses and I understand that with Track IR I move my head but not my eyes. Problem is that if I move my head down and keep my eyes on my monitor I see above my frames and not through my glasses which then I can't see well this way. Also the outer radius of my lenses is blurrier than the center of my lenses so when I turn my get to the side and keep my eyes facing my screen it's going to look much blurrier and I think that this is going to be a problem when using Tack IR. Is Track IR not recommend to people who wear glasses?
Here's the profile I use in case you want to try it. It's quite agressive, so you need very little head movement to pan aroundhttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/19353176/dazzFSX.xml