Sign in to follow this  
pilot_tofly

Any news from CES?

Did anyone ask them questions about the game and confront them? About why it isn't a simulator? About why they shunned 3rd party developers, and so on?

Edited by pilot_tofly

If anyone did, would you expect any type of answer back?

Did anyone spill coffee on the keyboards ? or anything else exciting ??

Maybe throw a pie in their face?I'm amazed at the stuff getting posted here. I've been "in the hobby" since the early 80's. I'm very thankful that the sim has come as far as it has. I also know that things change over time. With all of the screaming going on here now it is obvious that many here feel that MicroSoft "owes" us something.Guess what? They don't! They seem to have determined that we are indeed a very small group that they are no longer catering to. That sounds harsh, but it's business. I saw this coming months ago reading stuff posted here. Some got it...most did not refusing to think that "we" were no longer a factor. I guess sometimes the truth hurts. In the meantime FSX is working fine for me, and I see it doing so for a long time.

Maybe throw a pie in their face?I'm amazed at the stuff getting posted here. I've been "in the hobby" since the early mega_shok.gif's. I'm very thankful that the sim has come as far as it has. I also know that things change over time. With all of the screaming going on here now it is obvious that many here feel that MicroSoft "owes" us something.Guess what? They don't! They seem to have determined that we are indeed a very small group that they are no longer catering to. That sounds harsh, but it's business. I saw this coming months ago reading stuff posted here. Some got it...most did not refusing to think that "we" were no longer a factor. I guess sometimes the truth hurts. In the meantime FSX is working fine for me, and I see it doing so for a long time.
Yep times change, but one doesn't have to like it, act like sheep and follow the bell wherever it dings. Microsoft has probably sold close to 30 million! copies of Flight Simulator since the beginning. It has always been a niche product, but it still attracts a pretty large following. FSX works, but it's a dated product at the end of it's lifecycle. Kinda like a CRT TV in the land of LEDs and LCDs.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yep times change, but one doesn't have to like it,
The definition of insanity that most resembles some of the posts here is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".I wonder at the level of self delusion practiced by some who bleat over and over the same sad story berating Microsoft for doing just what they are paid to do... "make money" and apparently somehow expecting some change in their position when they have a share price of around $28.00 and a market value of around USD $235.00 Billion.Apparently they have been doing something right...In Australia we would liken this behavior to a small child "chucking a tanty"... Edited by maxter

The definition of insanity that most resembles some of the posts here is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".I wonder at the level of self delusion practiced by some who bleat over and over the same sad story berating Microsoft for doing just what they are paid to do... "make money" and apparently somehow expecting some change in their position when they have a share price of around $28.00 and a market value of around USD $235.00 Billion.Apparently they have been doing something right...In Australia we would liken this behavior to a small child "chucking a tanty"...
Thank you "mr behavioural psychologist". Another well documentet form of public insanity is believing in the myth of progress. Change doesn't have to be for the better. The jury is still out on FLIGHT, but repeating history has been quite succesful for Microsoft in the past. Microsoft Flight Simulator is one of the best selling game series of all time. Not bad for a niche product.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

FSX works, but it's a dated product at the end of it's lifecycle.
Where have you seen the end of FSX lifecycle?. PMDG is producing the new Boeing 777, ORBX carries on with new airfileds, Aerosoft new X airport series and these are some developers to mention plus, the existed addons that make FSX so special. To speculate about MSFlight and the future of the flying simulator is healthy but saying something that is not real is not helping

FSX works, but it's a dated product at the end of it's lifecycle. Kinda like a CRT TV in the land of LEDs and LCDs.
FSX with rex, orbx, and other nice sceneries, pmdg, ifly, realair, carenado, and other nice aircraft, enb for lighting, ground enviroment X, fs global, plus many more, is nothing compared to default fsx. Of course in order to buy all these things you need lot's of money, yet again it would be around the price of p3d. Of course no directx 10 or 11, but still wilth all these things it's a darn nice simulator. Have a flight at orbx pnw or New Zealand with rex, enb, and your favorite plane and tell me that it isn't good. It could be better yes, but for many of the things we like, p.e IFR flights, vatsim e.t.c it is very good. Even for VFR with good sceneries, but of course we all waited for Flight and it's new engine and improved graphics e.t.c for VFR flights, but it ain't happening, cause i wanna fly anywhere in the world. So, at least for now fsx covers this as well. Now, if it only had the roads and highways like x-plane 10 has, it would be great! Edited by Stathis1

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.