Sign in to follow this  
rerradem

graphic problems

Hi all,I think mine could also be a graphics problem. Have Nvidia gtx 285 with updated drivers.I use to run FSX on Win XP with same hardware and nil problems all running fine. Have recently changed to Win 7 64bit and here is where weird things started happening.firstly when starting up FSX Win7 claims program cannot run in aero desktop and will now change to win 7 basic.Then when FSX menu appears and picking the default flight and changing to a specific airport, all ok. Picking a particular plane and taxing to parking, all still ok. Now comes the weird stuff. From that point, if I select to go to another airport and taxi from the active say to the fuelbox, The front view does either not see the fuelbox or just part of it but looking through the side view, it is there. Other buildings or ai planes ok thru frontview however.When panning around some of the buildings are floaring in the air.This is everytime happening when selecting "go to airport" or loading a saved flight.Why is this happening and what can I do to rectify this. Any input muchly appreciated.Cheers and regardsRichard

Cheers from Down Under

OK no answers/solutions to my problems I see. OK then I have another question.I am running Win7 ultimate 64bit, FSX with adons, MT2010, Rex2 etc.on multi monitorsMy hardware is Asus Mobo P6T de Luxe, Intel i7-960 3.20Ghz (old generation intel) and NvidiaGTX285 1G memory and 4G main RAM.Can anybody advise me what to upgrade to run the software mentioned with reasonable FPS? This might be a solutions to the problems I am having as mentioned in my other post.CheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

Nick and Bojote settings are a must hhave on slow computers. An overclock to 3.7GHZ, or above, will smooth things out. HIGHMEMFIX, AFFINITYMASK=14, and external limiter locked at 30 should help.Have a ga'day, mateDave

Edited by OldMaintChief

The windows 7 aero thing is normal.But i have no clue what is wrong with the view.That's what used to happen to me.Did you try reinstalling it? :(

Edited by HartsfieldFlyer

G'day you Guys,Nice to see some come back on my probs. Thanks.First what and where can I get hold on Nicks and Bojote settings or what are they in short in FSX.cfg right?My chip is already overclocked to what it is. Have the limiter set to 30, so now have to add affinitymask to 14 and look see.Knowing all the stuff I went thru after changing to Win7, it most likely won't do a thing, but you never know.If my setup is considered a slow pc how can I improve it. Any suggestions on Hardware?Secondly, nice to know that the Win7 aero thing is normal. Except in my case, using two extra monitors running on USB to DVI adapters with win7 drivers, I have to use the control panel trouble shooter to have those two monitors showing the graphics otherwise they are just black and non active.It is a pain but the only way to get pics on those extra screens.And topping it up, if I get things sort of going, my FPS is just about 4 to 5 and impossible to fly or do anything.Thanks again guys, wil catch ye later cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under

This is the Bojote tool: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlYou just need to run your CFG through it and download the new one. Makes quite a difference to a lot of systems. I no longer use it since upgrading my PC as strangely enough I seem to get better performance without it. Is just one of those things that works for some people and not for others and takes a bit of experimentation. If I can overclock my i7-920 to 4GHz, you should easily manage that with your 960. If you don't already get a decent aftermarket CPU cooler and wind the speed up on that chip! Cannot stress enough the difference you see in FSX with just a few more MHz!Also I used to have a GTX 285, and while it's a good card, it was showing its age compared to the new ones. Particularly with detailed scenery and lots of autogen, it struggled to cope. I replaced it with a GTX 560 Ti, and am very happy with the boost. People will always say don't bother with graphics cards for FSX, it's completely CPU dependent, but I feel that's not entirely true. IMO you need a perfectly balanced system - its very well clocking your processor really high but then you also need a fast enough graphics card to be able to cope with the faster draw calls. True it doesn't take advantage of all the features of modern multi core graphics cards, but a card with decent clock speeds on is essential.

Edited by twright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Thanks a lot for info much appreciated. Will have a look-see at Bojote tool, you never know.Are you still running the i7-920 or changed to a new generation cpu? My cooler is a Zalman CNPS9500 Ultra quiet copper but I never attempted to do some over-clocking in case I stuff things up.Yep I am thinking upgrading the graphics card but just have to know which one fits the P6T Mobo. Not sure whether the GTX560ti will be ok for the slots on the Mobo.Anuways back to trying things out instead of enjoying flying the SIM. Or maybe the new upcoming X-Plane Global?cheersRichard

Cheers from Down Under