Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

Beyond CES

Hello,beyond CES life goes on but for us simmers still there are questions whirling around unanswered. First off, I see here many saying that MS considering us as a small group of aviation simulator enthusiasts. I never understood this opinion. If we are a small group then how come MS kept this franschise for more than 20 years? This moaning keeps going since FSX was released, and with FS2004 too. I'm sorry, but I dont accept that we are a minority.Now, we are coming to what is after CES. For me the field still is foggy. No official announcements. Total blurred. The question is why? There are some indications hovering above us, that actually things are not as they seem to be.1st. Why MS asked from this small group (as some say) Beta testers for this so called kiddo arcade game?2nd. Why it took more than 3 years to create a console game with one free island with flying coins, triangles around and perhaps black holes (are there?)3rd. Why the secrecy? We are in the Beta testing period and some months before the release and nothing concrete from the MS mouth4th. Developers were crystal clear posting here their point of view. So we know only the one side. What about the other side? Why MS did not clarify their position yet.Are we sure that we are not in for some big surprises in the future? What if MS hide an Ace under their sleeve and throw it at us at an unexpected time?Thank you all

Why would M$ pretend like Flight is stupid kiddie arcade game with small regions if they actually had whole world modeled with big jets and ATC? No, they would not do that.Simply they think that they can make more money by going mainstream, Flight is not for us.

Are we sure that we are not in for some big surprises in the future? What if MS hide an Ace under their sleeve and throw it at us at an unexpected time?
no idea whether the 'target group' follows flight on blog and facebook but the comments are so negative that by now I would have expected that MS explain what they meant by adressing the serious simmer (or whatever the exact wording was) in their Flight FAQ. but possibly the target group not even reads blogs or follows facebook... Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Flight is not for us.
You mean: 'Flight is not for you'... :wink:I am waiting for some CES-reports of simmers, really... They know which questions too ask, although I doubt that the MS-boys in the MS-booth know any answers.

You mean: 'Flight is not for you'.
+1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

possibly answer for no.2: maybe they spent those three years to create their proprietary format so that no one can convert fsx addons to work with Flight.

@ pvjinflightI know your point of view. The majority of your posts are negative speculation and you are repeating yourself.On your signature you say that XPlane 10 is the future of the flying simulation. Then why you are here? Why you dont go to XPlane forums, and let us here discover what actually MSFlight is for.

You mean: 'Flight is not for you'... :wink:I am waiting for some CES-reports of simmers, really... They know which questions too ask, although I doubt that the MS-boys in the MS-booth know any answers.
Well its not a simulator so I assume that its not for most people here.
@ pvjinflightI know your point of view. The majority of your posts are negative speculation and you are repeating yourself.On your signature you say that XPlane 10 is the future of the flying simulation. Then why you are here? Why you dont go to XPlane forums, and let us here discover what actually MSFlight is for.
Because its fun to speculate here. And anyone can see from information that we have that Flight will not be anything good for most flightsimmers. I doubt that many people want to fly in few small regions only and without ATC. Flight does not even look that good, its based on same ancient engine.

Why you dont go to XPlane forums, and let us here discover what actually MSFlight is for.
He isn't on the XPlane forums because he doesn't even own XPlane. :(

Common people, don't be harsh, we all are looking for the next flight sim in a way or the other, so it's ok going back and fourth the forums, and trying new platforms, x-plane, and p3d, and sharing our experiences. Only good can come out of it. We all want the same thing, a good flight simulator, and we should all work for this, either it is x-plane or p3d or whatever. It certainly isn't going to be Flight, at least for now.

As one who is actually not too particular when it comes to flight simming, I see nothing in Flight that makes me go "wow" and a lot that makes me go "yuk". Therefore, I hold out little hope for this product into the future. It appears to be a warmed up helping of FSX, with 90 percent of the features yanked out in order to reduce stuttering. And the three years they took to do that, was to turn it into a simple arcade game for the most part. Sadly, that's the way I see it.And flying an airplane with a mouse is going to keep some kid's attention span for about 5 minutes..... tops. With what all Google has now, they could blow this thing away in a N.Y. minute and probably will. And in reality, that may be the actual underlying issue.Bob

Edited by Toys_R_Us

He isn't on the XPlane forums because he doesn't even own XPlane. :(
Yeah but now as I sold my old computer I will probably buy X plane 10 with that money... And also continue using FSX.

Guest comma

Every passing day since demo release It appears to me that MS Flight marketing is brilliant.I like the fact like stated above, two or three 3PD devs had made public crying about what Flight is to be, while MS has not said a word at this time and keep the blur going on.I really think it's brilliant because it's make speculate a lot, and it leads to lot of talk and lot of advertising.Microsoft is clearly above the clouds, while at the very bottom people are insulting them each others, knowing nothing about the product but keeping talking, talking, talking about it. Like I do and like to do, because i defend what seems to be a lost cause here.Some promise death to "M$" and capitalism. They still use FSX but knowing the HATE they have regarding any corporation run to earn money ("M$") I suspect they use piracy version. The same way they want to tax the money of others to grab it for them without working, they think software actually is no legitimate candidate to retribution, they think every 0 and 1 is kind of creative commons available free.The good stuff might just come in a few month. When these very same people will eventually go toward Flight, entertaining it will be, indeed.

What I dont get is on there web site they wanted feed back, I wrote alot of stuff. But I dont see anyone other then people intrested in other flight games writing them any thing.

Every passing day since demo release It appears to me that MS Flight marketing is brilliant.I like the fact like stated above, two or three 3PD devs had made public crying about what Flight is to be, while MS has not said a word at this time and keep the blur going on.I really think it's brilliant because it's make speculate a lot, and it leads to lot of talk and lot of advertising.Microsoft is clearly above the clouds, while at the very bottom people are insulting them each others, knowing nothing about the product but keeping talking, talking, talking about it. Like I do and like to do, because i defend what seems to be a lost cause here.Some promise death to "M$" and capitalism. They still use FSX but knowing the HATE they have regarding any corporation run to earn money ("M$") I suspect they use piracy version. The same way they want to tax the money of others to grab it for them without working, they think software actually is no legitimate candidate to retribution, they think every 0 and 1 is kind of creative commons available free.The good stuff might just come in a few month. When these very same people will eventually go toward Flight, entertaining it will be, indeed.
Nah I would really have nothing against MS if they made SP3 for FSX which fixed all its countless bugs, Flight being a failure is actually just good thing as now finally more serious platforms such as X plane 10 will take the place. And I use bought version of FSX, and will never go to rubbish like Flight. Good stuff wont come because it does not exist for Flight.Also most of speculation and talk about Flight is negative, which will make negative publicity to Flight. M$ marketing sucks. Edited by pvjinflight

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.