Sign in to follow this  

Plane spotting: how many planes have you seen yet?

Guest comma

These cockpit shots are just awesome. Beautiful. Keep in mind it is still MS stuff, what we will see from other passionned 3PD in the store in a few month promise to be amazing.

Ughhh the MS love is thick in here ;)No that one shot is down right gorgeous... It is really too bad they didn't have that in the beta, but I am sure that is a teaser money maker. Imagine a 747 with the same sun glare beaming off of your FMC, as you break below the clouds at a constant 60 FPS on final... Then you see the same airport you just left 5 minutes ago after you already circled the Island ;)...I truely hope they make this better than it first appears, I really do...

Edited by snwboardn

Tyson Rose

When you look at the VC's it's amazing to see how the shadows and lighting look in them...!
They look amazing in screenshots but not so great in-game (videos).

Maybe, but I find this forum quite entertaining to read and post.
It's entertaining until we come upon yet another of your ranting, negative posts.

Brandon Filer

It's entertaining until we come upon yet another of your ranting, negative posts.
+1000

They look amazing in screenshots but not so great in-game (videos).
Well, I was talking about a video... and I liked it. :(

I love all the new comers. The only reason you are giving Flight a chance at this point is because you were not drug on for months with screenshots and videos. Everyone asked can we see something other than Hawaii? Microsoft never said anything, they would just release a video and some screenshots a couple months later. Then at the very end they tell us it's not only Hawaii only but a game and not FSnext. Why wouldnt they just come out and tell us 6-8 months ago it was Hawaii only? Because they wanted us to stick with them and not start flaming them for a year before release and cause more damage.

I love all the new comers. The only reason you are giving Flight a chance at this point is because you were not drug on for months with screenshots and videos. Everyone asked can we see something other than Hawaii? Microsoft never said anything, they would just release a video and some screenshots a couple months later. Then at the very end they tell us it's not only Hawaii only but a game and not FSnext.Why wouldnt they just come out and tell us 6-8 months ago it was Hawaii only? Because they wanted us to stick with them and not start flaming them for a year before release and cause more damage.
My goodness... it is about time people stop saying MS Flight will be Hawaii only... MS made VERY clear MS Flight will NOT be limited to Hawaii. Yes, the free version will, but the free version isn't the final version... How often do some things have to be repeated before people get it...?

How often do some things have to be repeated before people get it...?
John Heywood wrote in 1546, "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."In like manner, "There are none so deaf as those who refuse to listen..." :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My goodness... it is about time people stop saying MS Flight will be Hawaii only... MS made VERY clear MS Flight will NOT be limited to Hawaii. Yes, the free version will, but the free version isn't the final version... How often do some things have to be repeated before people get it...?
The free version is the final version. Flight is built upon the 'Freemium' model, just like the recent 757 by JustFlight. In the Freemium model there are no different versions. Instead there is something you get for free (the game engine+Hawaii scenery + two planes) and extra modules you have to pay for (other scenery, other planes, etc).With the current information it's not clear whether not buying add-on scenery will mean you have very ugly scenery for parts of the world that are not Hawaii, or whether those parts of the world will not exist at all. A definitive statement either way is pure speculation.

John Heywood wrote in 1546, "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know."In like manner, "There are none so deaf as those who refuse to listen..." :(
Excellent post. Others I have either heard or read:"There are none so lame as those that don't want to walk.""There are none so lost as those who don't want to be found."and I will add one of my own:"There are none so afraid as those who will not hope."Kind regards,PS Edit: Oh yes: "There are none so sad as those who will not laugh."LOL! I feel a sermon coming on! Edited by SpiritFlyer

People with the Holier than Thou attitude should check that at the door.

People with the Holier than Thou attitude should check that at the door.
Rats! :( I knew that my holier than thou attitude would finally catch up to me! Where do I hide? Nail%20Biting.gifBig%20Grin.gif Edited by SpiritFlyer

You will find the most vocal 'naysayers' of FLIGHT, are some of the most active posters on the X-Plane forum. None of us are much impressed with Flight so far, but these guys are taking it to another level in the quest to 'Borg' us all.The pot is being well and truly stirred for varying reasons and self interest.If X-Plane becomes the defacto platform moving forward then so be it. I have no problem with that but we are a long way off at the moment.Bottom line - Flight so far is not what we hoped for. It may have potential. Wait and see time. If not, no big deal as advancing hardware is and will continue to bring out the best in FSX. Addon makers are only just getting the best out of FSX IMHO.For those of us that have lots invested in addons, P3D may evolve into something interesting with V2, but thats another conversation entirely...............If FSX, Flight and to a lesser extent, P3D turn out to be dead ends, then X-Plane will have its chance.

Edited by GHarrall

Yes, the free version will, but the free version isn't the final version... How often do some things have to be repeated before people get it...?
Please tell me where you read that? Sure you might be able to buy other areas but don't think Hawaii is a "demo" and the final version will have the whole world. It is not a demo like we saw with FSX.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.