Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarkAdrien

FSX - Cloudy winter approach on LFPG (FSrec rendering test)

Guest DarkAdrien

Hi allI just wanted to test out the rendering feature of the upcoming version of Fs Recorder. To push the rendering to its limit, I recorded an LFPG-approach over Paris with a crowded sky and airports, realtime cloudy weather etc. Typical situation were I get 8-20 FPS max whith my rig (i5 2500k + 4 Gb DDR3 + GTX560 ti).And as you will see, the quality is impressive, 1080p with perfect 30 fps-smoothness. All I can say is thanks to Matthias Neusinger for his wonderful program and support.(please be advised this is raw video with no editing except to add sound with virtualdub).

Edited by DarkAdrien

Very nice video! Very realistic...Mind sharing what clouds you're using in this video? They look great!

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest DarkAdrien

I'm using REX clouds I will tell you later which set I am using.

awesome!. But I do need to ask;fsrecorder is making it "faster", or is is there no lag, and is this what your rig can do?anyhow, I am going to look again, and again again. Thanks

Edited by pilotter2

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Guest DarkAdrien
Fantastic... when shall it be ready?
Not sure what you mean ?
awesome!. But I do need to ask;fsrecorder is making it "faster", or is is there no lag, and is this what your rig can do?anyhow, I am going to look again, and again again. Thanks
FS recorder renders to a wmv file. It controls FSX frames and encode them which results in a perfectly fluid video. You better first record a flight with FSRec, then replay it and render the replay.

So it's possible to have low fps and a smooth video?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Guest DarkAdrien

Yes. The flight I recorded above was far from being smooth... Low FPS, severe lag spikes, freezes etc. The rendering function basically makes : 1 FSX frame = 1 video frame. If your fps are low the only drawback is that recording the video will be longer.

I'm using REX clouds I will tell you later which set I am using.
OK! Thank you!Looking forward to that info. :(

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

feature of the upcoming version of Fs Recorder
the next version. it sounds just like a beta you are testing... aren't you?

Hello again, Sorry to insist but can you please check the REX cloudset numbers you're using in this video?Thanks again.

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Guest DarkAdrien

Hi- Cumulus set 48- Cirrus set 02Both not really HD as my texture_max_load had been reset to 1024...

Hi- Cumulus set 48- Cirrus set 02Both not really HD as my texture_max_load had been reset to 1024...
Thank you for this info! I'll give them a try... :(

Regards,

Hugo Bravo

LPPT

Nice showcase of the FSR quality... "positive" landing to remain diplomatic... was that manual or autoland? sounded like autoland with the AP triple chime after landing...Whose Airbus is that?Andrew