Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

FS9 crashes to desktop around MOMUK

FS9 crashes to desktop every time I approch the region of intersection MOMUK in the southern part of Germany. I learned this when flying a flightplan from Amsterdam to Innsbruck. I repeated the flight several times but got the same results. Flying the flightplan in the opposite way, also leads to a crash. So I did some more testing and every time the same crash. It doesn't matter what airplane I use, what heading I am flying or at what altitude I am flying. There is no add-on scenery in the neighbourhood, just the default FS9 scenery. I use the same add-on scenery in FS9 as in FSX, but in FSX I do not encounter this problem. BTW, I use Windows 7 as OS.Anybody a tip how to tackle this problem?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Duplicate AFCAD; or faulty AI texture can also cause this , if you are sure you dont have any addon scenery that could cause it.Check for the AFCAD issue and then run the sim with no traffic :either set the AI to 0% or remove the traffic file and run FS9.

Peter Schluter

Hello,Thank you for answering. It isn't the AI traffic. Disabling the AI traffic doesn't solve the problem. I think it is an AFCAD issue. In the direct vicinity of the intersection MOMUK lies the airfield Unterzeil (EDNL). When I move the aircraft to this airfield, FS9 stops working immediately. I use MyTraffic 2006 which comes with a whole bundle of AFCAD files, but there is no AFCAD file for EDNL. So I cannot remove this file. Maybe I can remove the AFCAD file of FS9, but the names of the files are cryptic, so that I cannot see which is the one of EDNL.So any further suggestion?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I dont think you can remove the stock afcad at all, but i doubt that is your problem. EDNL is as basic an AFCAD as they come, just a runway.It could be a My Traffic AFCAD for a nearby airport. Where does MyTraffic install the AFCADS ?I suggest in the scenery library you disable all addon scenery, Then try your flight. If you still get a crash then it is maybe a texture problem. If no crash, enable half your addon scenery at a time until you are able to find the problem.Peter

Peter Schluter

Hello,Thank you for answering. It isn't the AI traffic. Disabling the AI traffic doesn't solve the problem. I think it is an AFCAD issue. In the direct vicinity of the intersection MOMUK lies the airfield Unterzeil (EDNL). When I move the aircraft to this airfield, FS9 stops working immediately. I use MyTraffic 2006 which comes with a whole bundle of AFCAD files, but there is no AFCAD file for EDNL. So I cannot remove this file. Maybe I can remove the AFCAD file of FS9, but the names of the files are cryptic, so that I cannot see which is the one of EDNL.So any further suggestion?
Hi!I have had this problem at various locations from time to time and sometimes I have found that the problem duplicate AFCAD can actually be for an airport some distance away, so it is worth checking for other duplicate AFCADs for airports up to maybe 50 miles or more away from MOMUK. I use AFX to identify and find AFCAD files. It is also quite possible that disabling the AI traffic will not affect the AFCAD files which MyTraffic will have installed possibly in addon scenery/scenery (although I do not use My Traffic so I am unsure where it's AFCAD files would be installed). Hope this helps!Bill

FS9 crashes to desktop every time I approch the region of intersection MOMUK in the southern part of Germany. I learned this when flying a flightplan from Amsterdam to Innsbruck. I repeated the flight several times but got the same results. Flying the flightplan in the opposite way, also leads to a crash. So I did some more testing and every time the same crash. It doesn't matter what airplane I use, what heading I am flying or at what altitude I am flying. There is no add-on scenery in the neighbourhood, just the default FS9 scenery. I use the same add-on scenery in FS9 as in FSX, but in FSX I do not encounter this problem. BTW, I use Windows 7 as OS.Anybody a tip how to tackle this problem?
I'm sure this question has come up before but I can't find or remember the solutioon at the moment."Crash to desktop" doesn't tell a lot - critical in tracing an issue is the message you get from FS, if it gives you one. Have you looked at this at all? It should identify the DLL responsible, which is a huge pointer.If you are not sure how to, please take a look at http://www.adventure...php#Identifying .If Flight Simulator shuts down without any such message, it is usually a hardware conflict.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Hello everybody,Thank you very much for all your constructive tips.As I supposed that the problem has something to do with the AFCAD files of MyWorldAirports which come with MyTraffic 2006, I have disabled the scenery MyWorldAirports in the FS9 library. And yes, the crash didn't occur after moving the aircraft to EDNL. I also made a flight from EDNY to EDNL and also no problem. So I will hold this setting. I think that all those AFCADS are functional for the AI traffic in MyTraffic 2006 and all those traffic will now have problems on the ground. But in the air I don't notice that and since I am using Aerosoft scenery (with their own AFCAD files) for 99% of my flights, I will not experience problems on the ground either. An additionale advantage is that I have no longer to remove the concerning MyWorldsAirport AFCAD files after installing new Aerosoft scenery.

Edited by Hans Hartvelt

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Hello everybody,Thank you very much for all your constructive tips.As I supposed that the problem has something to do with the AFCAD files of MyWorldAirports which come with MyTraffic 2006, I have disabled the scenery MyWorldAirports in the FS9 library.....
When using MyTraffic 2006 you should make sure the 'MyWorldAirports' AFCADs folder has a lower priority in your scenery library than all your add-on scenery (i.e. its bellow all the scenery you have added - payware and freeware, but is above the default FS9 stuff) - that way it wouldn't cause problems.

Hello Momtchil,Thank you for reacting. MyWorldAirports has the lowest priority in the library. It's priority is lower (higher number) than all add-on scenery, but higher (lower number) than the default FS9 scenery. It's just in between. Nevertheless the crash problem occurred. But I guess that It won't trouble me anymore after having disabled it.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I see....I didn't think it would cause issues if its a lower priority than the add-on scenery. I guess deactivating it is the only option.

I had a very similar experience flying to the west of Seattle. I flew towards the area causing the crashes from N, E, S and W and was able to determine the area causing the problem was rectangular.As I had no 3rd party airports in the area my suspicions fell on Ultimate Terrain (USA) as that was the only feasible addon that might be responsible. By changing options in UT I was able to determine 'Enable Streams' was causing the crash. I turned it off and the problem went away. If you have UT have a look at your settings.I've often had duplicate AFCADs but it's never caused a crash as you describe.LATER: I see you've found a probably cause by disabling an AFCAD. Disregard the above. :(

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Solution is in the forums, Edetroit solved it if I remember well, try a search

Duplicate AFCADs cause a crash if the airport reference point in one is different than another. This particular problem is not related to scenery priority as each airport reference point is still read.