Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Carenado JetProp is on their products page with a "Buy Now" button

How do you attach an image. It asks for a URL?
You can use a picture hoster like Imageshack. No reg required or something. Just upload there and copy the link. Should work in most forums and keeps the bandwith low for them.To attach images, use the attach a file dialogue. The one button asking for the link is for external images. Edited by CoolP

I bought it anyway.. this is a copy of my post at SOH..and a few bugsI feel like a hyprocrit, because I used to get upset when people said stuff like the Mustang didn't hit systems... At the time it was because I was on old hardware and I could see a hit. Well as you can see in my sig I'm on very high end hardware. It's locked at 30 fps at my default airport (rural airport in MN). It feels smooth but initially the plane takes a while to load when you select it via the menu. At least 10 seconds or so. The MFD portion of the G500 is simply an overlay of the default GPS500.. but it looks fine. There is a weather radar. We all know that it's not actually detecting rain but clouds hehe... still it looks cool.So far I've found one annoying bug when using the RXP GNS430W only. Their stock gps's buttons don't work (the one on top of the RXP 430). So I can't change frequencies and I think they programmed it so with the RXP 430 or 530 only you get only one comm and nav frequency. I'd imagine if I bought the 530W they'd both work fine... But there's another 50 bucks hehe.Also I'm trying to lower the brightness of the unit via the MFD AUX page but I cannot access the options... the manual isn't very clear about it. At the moment the G500 PFD gets washed out like other glass addons when the sun is behind you. Also at 1x zoom it's tough to read some of the labels... but this is normal for glass panel addons...washout.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You can use a picture hoster like Imageshack. No reg required or something. Just upload there and copy the link. Should work in most forums and keeps the bandwith low for them.
Thanks I will check it out.Bob
Hi everyone,What really scares me is what N1G writes about the frame hit. He has a 2600K 4.7. I have a mere 3.2GHZ Core2Duo, however I can run the A36. I'm afraid to run the install and get nothing more than a slide show. :sad:I run the J4100 and the NGX with lower res tweaks and they run very acceptable for me, so maybe I'm reading into this too much perhaps?. Any thoughts about the hit factor from anyone using a less powerful system, or should I just install the darn thing already.....Best, Jeff
Jeff, just so you know, I am using ORBX, all sliders max. high water, 2048 clouds high setting 70 miles, 100% ga and 50% commercial traffic with u2t. This of course will play into the fps. I can maintain 28-30 with carenados 337. With the JetProp I sit around 20 - 22 average around the KSEA area. Hope this helps.Bob

Is there an option to choose running a single RXP unit (either 530 or 430) or both? Would mean 3 different setups for Carenado to offer in the 3D model section though.How are the first FDE impressions?

Edited by CoolP

And I'm curious as to how it handles and how well the turboprop engine modelling is? Thanks!
Geez, wish I could help you with the turbo part of the question, but I have no expertise on that subject. Someone who has spent some time with the Duke may be able to help.It seems to handle very nicely. It does seem to require a little up nose up aoa on approach and seems a little heavy so you need to watch the power.RegardsBob Edited by N1G

Is there an option to choose running a single RXP unit (either 530 or 430) or both? Would mean 3 different setups for Carenado to offer in the 3D model section though.How are the first FDE impressions?
Yes - I'm running 430W only but I have an issue (see above post about top GPS buttons not working).FDE feels good... then again I've never flown a heavy piper TP hehe. I have a big issue with the autopilot not intercepting the localizer. It s turns down final a few times until it finds the wind correction angle... moreso than other addons I've got... hmmm

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

JetProp I sit around 20 - 22 average around the KSEA area. Hope this helps.
That's really good! Consider yourself lucky! I run about 18 in that situation..

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On the fps, does the map detail or the PFD one change anything for you guys?

On the fps, does the map detail or the PFD one change anything for you guys?
Not sure I understand your question... do you mean: does changing the G500 settings decrease or increase FPS? Not that I notice...Also the night lighting is looking good on mine... I can read the radios for once! Yes the G500 is a bit dim on the MFD site but just turn on the dome light will help a bitnightlightrs.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Not sure I understand your question... do you mean: does changing the G500 settings decrease or increase FPS? Not that I notice...
Ok. I was just guessing though, since the A36 seemed to have some dependencies there, at least in the already fps heavy scenery areas.

Is this the first Carenado plane with the new landing lights? Looks like from the shots on the page.
I'd say so... they did a nice job on the lights.LL.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

This puppy is heavy on approach. With a a steep decsent angle all is good, but once you level out, watch your airspeed. She will drop very quickly. A little bit of a challenge for me anyway.Bob

That's really good! Consider yourself lucky! I run about 18 in that situation..
I guess I am a little spoiled then LOL. You always want more I think.Bob

Nice change on the landing lights. I'd wish for the next step on the internal arrangement, which means dimmable ones. But Carenado does look good there, even with the on/off panel lights. Thanks for the shots, folks. :(

A little bit of a challenge for me anyway.
Sounds like fun. My only problem is the rather low cruise speed of the rw plane. Means one has to get up pretty high to counteract the low IAS limit. But I wouldn't take that one too serious as I also complain about it on the T Duke with the 198 limit. I'd just like to speed up at lower altitudes with that turbine power. Edited by CoolP