Sign in to follow this  
AFavors

can't save panel state

Hello all,First of all. I have my start-up state as the NGX LONG. I hope that isn't the problem... But I can't seem to save the last panel state. For instance, last night I succesfully saved my flight while on the ground at KAUS. After preparing my next flight, I decided to call it a night. But before doing so I saved my panel state and named it "Previous" Likewise in FSX I saved the flight as "Last" (as FSX had a default file for "Previous") and I didn't want to confuse the two. Goodthing I did because when I awakened this morning my pc had mistyeriously shut down. Once I got FSX reloaded with the "Last" flight I thought every thing was fine, however, when I went to look for the "Previous" panel state it wasn't there. (even thought it SUCCESFULLY saved last night.) I've spent the whole morning trying to save panel states but the only ones the fmc will recall are the default, cld/drk, long, short. This is most annoying because I have all random failures, as well as, service based failures enabled. and every time it restarts...I'm back to square one!!! But for some odd reason. It doesn't go back to the very beginning, because when I check the failures page in the fmc. What should have went back to next service: 250 hours is only 234. Not a big problem except for the fact that I'd gotten down to 184 hrs till next service before retiring for the evening. And have yet to experience an inflight failure. And sad to say never will if the counter keeps resetting. Any one with advice...I'm all ears!!

I had some problems with that! Didn't run FSX as administrator. Now it works! But I have to run as admin every time I launch FSX. blum.gif

I had some problems with that! Didn't run FSX as administrator. Now it works! But I have to run as admin every time I launch FSX. blum.gif
Glad I could help you! It might be possible to set up Windows to run FSX ever as an Admin. Just Google it.Cheers

Hmm... Interestingly I must not have been!! I thought I had set it up to always be ran as admin, but after checking that was the only program not set up this way!! Wow... Thanks David. I just changed it, so I'll let you know after this flight, when I can restart the system.

Well... I set up FSX to run as admin and all WAS well. Except for that spawns another problem!! Now that m panel states save... an even biggerproblem arose. Now My FSUIPC has disappeared from the FSX addons menu. And all of a sudden I get a pause every so many minutes in which the sim won't respond. I had FSUIPC doing a save every 10-15 min for crash recovery purposes. But the pause is more frequent than that. But even more iomportantly, I can't get to FSUIPC to stop it and see if thats the problem.