Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

ok tell me about the speed!

is it true that you can't go faster than 172KIAS?if so what is the point of this plane? I can faster than that in my C210, B58 and C208yes, I know there is the advantage of crusing at FL's but... I'd rather just take my PC12..

Ciao!

Yes, it's true the JetProp's VNE is 172kts indicated.The point of the aircraft is to entertain those who like the JetProp, or similar aircraft...And last, it is a completely different aircraft than the PC12... heck, the MTOW of the Malibu JetProp is less than the DOW of the PC12.

Joseph Chamberlain

FAA ADX

Guest BeaverDriver

Brian. Get up high. Above FL200. You can go about 220 or so (very roughly), but that's TAS. You need to be up fairly high so that your IAS won't exceed the 172.http://www.jetprop.com/node/57

Edited by BeaverDriver

Can anyone comment on the functionality of the Garmins? Does it utilize the stock FSX GPS?
Carenado have never ever enhanced their GPS's any further so I will not be surprised that is the stock old 2002 version they still use.Edit: from the photos I am pretty sure it is the ageold GPS's, but do not let that deter you not getting the plane. Unfortuanately I will not be buying this one so dont expect an upgraded version of the age old 430 and 530. I am pretty tired of fixin these GPS's expecially the clickspots that has always been a nightmare in previous releases.BUT then we not yet too old to get a surprise from carenado that decided to at last do something about the GPS's Edited by bliksimpie

Morn'n Folks,OK - just to clarify - 172 Knots Vne is the real world performance - and - the Carenado bird matches that performance ???Regards,Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Morning Scott,I think IRW the Vne is 203KTS and the Vno is 172 (only to be exceeded in smooth air)......could be wrong though.Sorry.....a little late on the reply....looks like Joe cleared it up.....Vne is 172.

Edited by Gmac580

Guest bstolle

Folks, there's no maximum structural crusing speed (Vno) on this plane, hence no yellow arc and no Vne.That one's replaced by Vmo.172 is really low and I think that was simply the cheapest way for the guys at JetPROP to certify their plane.They also bragg on their website with a 3000fpm climb rate. What they don't telly you is the fact that the JetPROP only achieves that at extremely low weights.BTW; 172 is not the maximum speed! You have to reduce the power to almost 50% torque to keep her below that number at low altitude.Just try it out, its a sim, and check how fast she will go at S.L. and the throttle full forward....But be aware that the flight controls stiffen considerable at very high speed so you might experience a lower roll and pitch rate during your high speed run :(

Edited by bstolle

Hi Guys, Yep - it's certainly good to know Bernt did this one... :) I'm a little behind on my knowledge of high end turbine singles... Regards,Scott

Edited by scottb613

Hi Bernt, So this plane is the mod by JetProp ??? I noticed they have (3) engines listed on the website - (PT6A-21 PT6A-34 PT6A-35)... Is there a specific engine this is modeled after ??? This link provides a model comparison for reference...http://jetprop.com/c...nce-comparisonsRegards,Scott

Edited by scottb613

Guest bstolle

Confirmed: DL = -21 / DLX = -35

Edited by bstolle

Just try it out, its a sim, and check how fast she will go at S.L. and the throttle full forward....
I got one flight in this morning out of KCHO on 3. Did a straight out to 1200 FT at full throttle. Started to turn to 210 and she overstressed. I didn't have time to record the numbers. Great model!