Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Freeware repaints used in the C210 Avsim review

I sent the following to the Avsim review editor earlier today. I hope he can work it in to the published review. If not, I would like to apologize to John Glanville, Diego Costa, and Richard Louis for not giving them proper credit for their freeware repaints showcased in the review.Update:In this review you will find 3 freeware repaints that are not part of the Carenado T210M download. The five repaints shown below are the standard Carenado liveries plus one all white repaint. These come as both HD (2048 x 2048) and LITE (1024 x 1024) textures. Soya has also showcased three additional freeware repaints. Two of the freeware repaints are available for download at the Avsim library and the 3rd, VH-BRD, Southern Cross, is available at Aussex.org, courtesy of Richard Louis in Belgium.John Glanville, our Netherlands friend, is the author of the excellent repaint PH-VDC featured in several of the screenshots. I have dozens of his AirbusX repaints in my hangar. PT-KAM is from a 4 pack of excellent repaints from Brazil by Diego Costa, also available in the Avsim library.I usually send a thank you email to the authors of the freeware repaints that I download just to let them know that I appreciate the time and effort they put forth for my pleasure.Ray Marshall, Author, Avsim Review dated January 8, 2012, Carenado Cessna T210M CenturionII

Edited by raymar

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The published version has been updated with the above place at the end of the review.Ray

Ray ,Already sent you a personal message but would like to point out to other readers that my comment was not made as a complaint of the review itself and ofcourse no apology was needed .It's not often I see one of my repaints on the net , unless it's a preview of a " work in progress " and it's good to know that people actually fly what I ( and other painters ) make .John

Edited by jdwgraf

Hello Ray,I read with much interest your article concerning the Centurion. He is very complete.I am proud to see that you used one of my textures to illustrate your article.Thank you. Richard.BTW, I was to astonish to read that texture was not available on Avsim.In fact I realized that it appears in heading "Original Aircraft" instead of "Aircraft Repaints, Textures...".I probably made an error when uploading my file (rl_c210_vhbrd.zip). Sorry.

Hello Ray,I read with much interest your article concerning the Centurion. He is very complete.I am proud to see that you used one of my textures to illustrate your article.Thank you.Richard.BTW, I was to astonish to read that texture was not available on Avsim.In fact I realized that it appears in heading "Original Aircraft" instead of "Aircraft Repaints, Textures...".I probably made an error when uploading my file (rl_c210_vhbrd.zip). Sorry.
Hello Richard,Good to hear from you. I search some more today at the Avsim library and was not able to find your repaint of the Southern Cross. Maybe you should just do a new upload as it will surely be popular.Ray

Ray,The file is well in the Avsim library. File name : rl_c210_vhbrd.zip.As I said it was in a wrong category.An administrator placed it in the good category today. That is may be why you din't found it.Richard.

Richard,I was just about to give up when I found this. You need to work on that last name. Ha. And the file name is growing numbers, but, it truly is in the Avsim library for download.Ray