Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Looking to buy, have some questions...

I am thinking about purchasing FS2Crew for the NGX when it comes out. I actually bought it for the original PMDG 738, but when after installing it all those windows got the best of me and I never used it. What i'd like to know is where can I go to read a good description of what FS2Crew does and how it does it? I know that the program has changed since I purchased it years ago, so I'm looking for a detailed description of the current program. My second question is what sort of fram rate impact does FS2Crew bring to the party? Thanks for the help!!Richard

Hi Richard,The program is night and day from the original version released 7 years ago or so.It's a very different animal now.Frame rate hit: Basically none. FS2Crew's not a heavy graphics problem, and the overhead is insignificant. What generally eats of the frame rates are heavy textures associated with scenery and VC cockpits, etc.Here are some YouTube videos showing off the latest in FS2Crew tech:http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fs2crew+ifly&oq=fs2crew+ifly&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=3844l5172l0l5387l12l10l0l4l4l0l219l848l1.4.1l6l0Best,

thanks for the response Brian. I watched some of the videos and came away impressed. I did have a one more question. Is it possible to swith roles and fly as the co-pilot with FS2Crew handling the pilot flying duties? I'm not clear on weather the FS2Crew just performs Co-pilot duties or is actually able to fly the plane (especially the more complex auto pilot addone like the PMDG NGX). Thanks for your time, I'll probably be adding the PMDG version once it is released.Richard

Hi Richard,at present FS2Crew just performs the Co-Pilot duties, but he handles a huge amount of the functions required to fly these complex aircraft so it definately lowers the learning curve substantially. Actually you just get to do the fun bits with Fs2Crew as your helper! :smile:Regards Dave

Richard, I can honestly say that Bryan's voice control is and will be total and complete immersion for you. I use it with the FS9 IFLYng and a more immersive experience, I am yet to have. If you want to really feel that you are actually flying a plane, FS2Crew is the way to go.I will say that I have no links with Bryan except for the fact that I always give praise where praise is due and in this instance FS2Crew has really raised the bar completely.I will be 1st in the queue for the NGX version. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png