Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

We are Moving Furniture!

We are moving furniture around!Seriously, we are moving forums around, making more sense of the categories, deleting some, putting others in hibernation and with more to follow. So, bear with us folks as things get more "refined" around this joint.

Can you move the furniture so that I don't see the System Wide Announcement every time I enter the site, every time I join a forum and and every time I open a thread?

Edited by mgh

Can you move the furniture so that I don't see the System Wide Announcement every time I enter the site, every time I join a forum and and every time I open a thread?
No problem... Had planned to do exactly that after the novelty of it wore off.

And please don't forget to remove the Edited by display! worship2.gif

Edited by Rafal

More importantly, I've noticed some very, VERY disturbing behavior in the forum's editor these past few days...Most recently I've had to click Edit twice before being presented with the editor's window again, since the first click didn't open the editor at all, but simply rolled back to the normal forum listing again... :Nail Biting:Also, some of the toolbar functions such as the "Quote" and "Code" options aren't working at all.I just typed a post and... it never got posted at all...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just typed a post and... it never got posted at all...
What browser are you using Bill?

What browser are you using Bill?
The same one I've used for years, good 'ole MS IE8 v8.06001.19170... :)EDIT: Further, after posting my reply did not show up until I used F5 to reload, and once again had to hit the Edit two times to get back into the editor to add this comment. Edited by n4gix

Fr. Bill    

The same one I've used for years, good 'ole MS IE8 v8.06001.19170... :)EDIT: Further, after posting my reply did not show up until I used F5 to reload, and once again had to hit the Edit two times to get back into the editor to add this comment.
Try it again Bill.

Change is good.....And I read your recent Blog Tom. Seems to be a lot of change lately.Cheers

Matthew Kane

Try it again Bill.
Okay, let's see if I can get back to this and edit as it used to work...
EDIT: Post showed up immediately, and Edit loaded on the first try. As you can see, the "Quote" function is working again. Thanks! Edited by n4gix

Fr. Bill    

Previously I reported that for me in firefox 9.01 on windows 7 x64, the logon button was not working (no visible effect, but if you right click on it and select "open in new tab" the tab will open and then the lgon will work. Now I see a similar problem in the post editor, click "save edits" seems to do nothing (though it appears the edits are actually saved).In both cases on left clicking, a series of three "boxes" shows up sequentially left/right on the top of the browser window, so it seems the click action is being communicated.scott s..

The same one I've used for years, good 'ole MS IE8 v8.06001.19170... :)EDIT: Further, after posting my reply did not show up until I used F5 to reload, and once again had to hit the Edit two times to get back into the editor to add this comment.
I seem to see the same sort of problem in Firefox 9.01.scott s.. Edited by scott967

good 'ole MS IE8 v8.06001.19170... :)
:( :( :( :Shocked:Internet Explorer 8?!?!?!?!? lol blum.gifAnyway, I'd like the option for the Edited By thing like it was before. Also, is it be possible to have an option to "turn off" forums that I don't use? For example, I never have, and never will, get on the Chinese forum. Can I deactivate it?

Anyway, I'd like the option for the Edited By thing like it was before. Also, is it be possible to have an option to "turn off" forums that I don't use? For example, I never have, and never will, get on the Chinese forum. Can I deactivate it?
Yeah, Diego, I kind of figured out that this is high on your list of priorities. When I can figure out which button I pushed to cause that, I will reverse it. Until then... Take a deep breath. :(

Yeah, Diego, I kind of figured out that this is high on your list of priorities. When I can figure out which button I pushed to cause that, I will reverse it. Until then... Take a deep breath. :(
Thanks captain! :(