Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Where do I stand on this today

HelloAfter initially throwing my toys when first reading about Flight!, today I am not too sure that this is the disaster we all thought.Thats all :(

It's not, we still have FSX and FS9. Life goes on...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yeah just bought some new addons for FSX, including majestic Dash 8-Q300, and its flight dynamics are totally awesome... Shows that even FSX can still do.

HelloAfter initially throwing my toys when first reading about Flight!, today I am not too sure that this is the disaster we all thought.Thats all :(
Hey Mad Dog, my old friend. Like I told you, have a little faith!

Guest jahman
After initially throwing my toys when first reading about Flight
ROTFL!Cheers,- jahman.

It's too early to tell. I wasn't bent about what they did but I was disappointed. There's a lot of speculation about things that no one is sure of, and won't be until Flight is released. Folks have taken the hard line one way or the other before really knowing what the intent of Microsoft is. 12 to 18 months ago we weren't sure if MS was ever going to produce another version of Flight Sim again, so if this turns out to be a turkey, I don't know that we've lost anything. Our favorite developers will continue to develop for FSX and FS9. Meanwhile, the hardware continues to catch up to FSX. Does anyone else find it bizarre that just now the hardware is finally catching up to a piece of 6 year old software.

NAX669.png

cool story, bro

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest jahman
Does anyone else find it bizarre that just now the hardware is finally catching up to a piece of 6 year old software.
No: FSX was designed at a time when it seemed CPU clock would continue to increase. By the time they finished coding, it was already clear the PC would evolve towards multi-core, but it was too late.With multi-core clock continued to increase, albeit much more slowly, except for the sudden and welcome surge to 5 GHz by Sandy Bridge, some 5 years after FSX was released.Stay tuned for Ivy Bridge and PCIe 3 (with 2x the BW of PCIe 2!).Cheers,- jahman.

Well, that is enough negative vs positive waves for one day, as I have other work to do! Don't kill each other, OK?

Edited by SpiritFlyer

That's deep man... really deep...

I started with atp many years ago. Flight is what it is. Hang on to the world as you have it and be thankful it got as far as it did. I am sorry things did not build from lessons learned.

:( :(

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.