Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys,I´m recently suffering of a very strange issue: My RAM usage (the CPU RAM, not the GDDR) goes suddenly up to arround 90% with spikes to 100%. It is absolutely random and I used ProcessExplorer to find the culprit but everything is all right, no thread which could cause that usage. But lately I got this problem while I was flying and FSX crashed cause of ntdll.dll.I know that ntdll.dll is one of the core dll´s of Windows NT. But as I´m only suffering from this since lately and I have nothing changed anywhere so i came across the idea, that a problem with the grafics driver could cuase such a behaviour. I´m using 285.62 WHQL. Could anyone confirm that the grafics driver won´t be the culprit here?

Hi guys,I´m recently suffering of a very strange issue: My RAM usage (the CPU RAM, not the GDDR) goes suddenly up to arround 90% with spikes to 100%. It is absolutely random and I used ProcessExplorer to find the culprit but everything is all right, no thread which could cause that usage. But lately I got this problem while I was flying and FSX crashed cause of ntdll.dll.I know that ntdll.dll is one of the core dll´s of Windows NT. But as I´m only suffering from this since lately and I have nothing changed anywhere so i came across the idea, that a problem with the grafics driver could cuase such a behaviour. I´m using 285.62 WHQL. Could anyone confirm that the grafics driver won´t be the culprit here?
I have that version driver and have not had that .dll error. Could be something else

Guest firehawk44

You probably have this figured out by now but there are a lot of CTD's involving the ntdll.dll in FSX. From my research, it involves memory/ram settings (frequencies/voltages/timings) in the bios. My suggestion is to Google 'ntdll.dll error fsx' and you'll get more info regarding this error via the whole flightsim community. I currently have the beta 290.53 drivers installed but had the 285.62 drivers and had no issues. Spiking in FSX indicates memory issues and you are beginning to run out of memory. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Well, I haven´t figured it out till now. I´ve changed the RAM profile in the BIOS to the XMP and hope this helps. But you might be right on this, my systems is running a bit low on RAm in FSX. Mostly 75 - 8 0 % usage. But what I´m suffering is an even bigger RAM usage with no programm which could cause this open, in idle while surfing sometimes.

Guest firehawk44
I´ve changed the RAM profile in the BIOS to the XMP
The X.M.P. profile is the best way to go unless you want to manually work with the voltages, timings, etc. I have had my system set to X.M.P. for 2 or 3 months now and it is the best configuration I have had since building my system early last year. Very stable. I used the settings that SpiritFlyer (Stephen) put on the pinned thread which he started on displaying BIOS settings. I actually copied his system specs to build my system and he personally helped me set up my system via a couple of phone calls. Your RAM appears to be very hot and that could be a problem and you may have to lower your overclocking or check the cooling. This might be the cause of your inability to minimize/maximize FSX that you posted earlier.Best regards,Jim