Sign in to follow this  
FSMP

FLIGHT has ATC - YES or NO ?

I thought it was interesting that six months after he left MS, the ACES team was closed down.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/06/microsoft_flight_sim_free/"Microsoft’s flight simulator arm is one of its longest running software franchises, and the first version was released in 1982 – years before Windows saw the light of day. The game was originally bought in from subLOGIC, rumour has it because Bill Gates was a huge simulator fan and wanted one of his own, but the game attracted a small but devoted following. It was also very handy for checking compatibility on PC clones, which was where this El Reg hack first found it in 1987."

Edited by flyingscampi

FSX's ATC was a total mess
VFR flights at low level can be done very nicely with FSX ATC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I thought it was interesting that six months after he left MS, the ACES team was closed down.

"The team behind Microsoft Flight consists of roughly 50 people, including a mix of professional pilots, 40% of which worked on the previous team."

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Absolutely NO ATC in FLIGHT. The radios, VORs, ILSs, ATIS etc don't even work.
And you're positive that none of these features will not work in the final release, based totally on what you saw in a beta?

~ Arwen ~

I disagree. (Be careful about making absolute predictions . . . you may end up being totally wrong.)My guess is that we'll see it shortly after Flight is released (if it is not included, or available as DLC at release).

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

I believe Thruster that there will be no ATC-- and why would there be? That would be counter to the experience that MS wants, which is easy, sanitized flying.

Yes, i'm 100% sure there will be no ATC in FLIGHT for years.
no beta here but I am not willing to believe this. they are building flight on a modular system for DLC so it would be easy for them to add an ATC addon like any other functionality. the casual simmer does not need ATC to collect aerocaches. but there are also radios on the planes. not willing to believe those are eye candy only

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I believe it isn't in the beta, and I believe it won't be in the free version of Flight. But come on, Flight has been conceived as an expandable platform, they still say they want to appeal to simulation enthusiasts, so it's gonna be one of the first add-ons available to buy. Others on AVSIM, who have looked around the interenals of their Flight beta, support that view.So far my impression was that Flight has a lot under the hood, you just need to know where to look. Activating that stuff will cost you money, but the platform itself was for free! So what?If they don't mess up the pricing, Flight will be a nice addition to my collection ;)

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Guest comma

Who need default ATC ? ATC was totally crap in FSX, I can't fly without Radar Contact addon. Providing they kept the FSX AI engine which I believe, a SDK will provide us with quality ATC addon. There is no need for default fancy stuff (planes, etc), we just need the platform, and we'll pay for addons through the store.

Its indeed strange, the FSX forum is full of basing the default ATC, and now suddenly we all want it back ?Puzzled here..

REALLY !!! Maybe someone else can confim that.No Radio, no VORs, no NDBs, no ILS, not Atis !!! No ATC, No Real Weather ( I assume No AI traffic then, or Cars, or Boats )GREAT NEWS !!! ... now I can completely forget about, and ignore FLIGHT, and not worry about it lacking a just a few key features.

I'm not basing my expectations on what may or may not be included in Flight until it is confirmed by Microsoft. Anything else is merely speculation."Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance." ~ Bertrand Russell

Edited by Arwen

~ Arwen ~

Not true !!That is all I can say.Fred.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.