Sign in to follow this  
garyda67

How do I get a darker night sky?

I am a dedicated fs9 user who is unwilling to migrate to fsx, the only problem that I have with fs9 is the night sky, its just not dark enough in my opinion.My last pc had windows7 32 bit installed and I was using a program called fs night time that really helped to make the night sky more realistic.I have since got a new system that has windows7 64 bit installed and I am having problems installing this little program with the 64 bit version of windows7.Has anyone else had this problem installing this program onto a 64 bit windows7 os? Whenever I attempt to install fs2004 night time I get a message sayingbad file name or number happened in initialization routine? Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Best solution I can think of is to use the "russian bloom" effect. You will have control of the night environment darkness along with many other things. When configured rigt to your own taste it really makes fs9 look so much better.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

First thought is to make sure monitor is properly calibrated... I use Huey by Pantone which is a hw calibration device but there are other methods and I get black black black sky to the point I have no idea what I am flying over if there are no lights as in the rw :)-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Best solution I can think of is to use the "russian bloom" effect. You will have control of the night environment darkness along with many other things. When configured rigt to your own taste it really makes fs9 look so much better.
Hi, I was reading about the russian bloom effect and it looks impressive but cant seem to find a download link that works, do you know how I can get this? thanks

Try this mate .....For the Bloom effect (if you want use it) download here:http://www.multiupload.com/17K25ZKTAFAll the files go in the FS2004 root folderBe sure to save your d3d9.dll file before overwrite !!! so you can restore it if needed !For activate (toggle) bloom you need to hit SHIFT-F12 (and need to repeat each time you change of view!)The bloom can be used with the Night Time addon ..

Edited by navtech

Also search "FS2004 Night time" by Carmine D'Amore in the Avsim library.
Please.. read first post .....

Also search "FS2004 Night time" by Carmine D'Amore in the Avsim library.
Exactly! This program will give you black nights for sure.