Sign in to follow this  
conura

How can I get a consistent 30fps?

Hey all,I've basically stopped running fsx and this addon due to low FPS. My rig is as follows..:Core i5 760 @ 3.5ghz (it will not boot faster than this)4gb ddr3 ramGTX 560ti 1gbThe addons I ran are....FSX + AccelGEX,REX, UTXMTXNGX 737And that's it...Anyway, at places like Heathrow/Gatwick I'd never get above about 15fps, which for me was unplayable. Is it possible with current technology to get a consistent FPS above 30? I don't mind turning off the UTX traffic , having airtraffic at even 10% and night lighting off, but if I can just get a steady 30 (or at least 26+) when at busy airports I'll be happy. Would upgrading to a Sandbridge i5 with a good mobo and clocking to 4ghz + allow this?Hope you can help as I am desperate to enjoy this sim!Thanks(also, I have tried loads of optimising, the guides, defrags etc etc)

I have a similar system and get about 7-fps inside the cockpit; and like 25 over the wing and outside.PMDG comes with a very handy performance program that helps you adjust it if your losing FPS.

Uncheck the high detail cockpit in FSX settings. Also uncheck the default London scenery, it will probably add some more.

That is something that I don't understand.I have a WAY lesser computer, and can get 15 at FlyTampas Tampa Int. That is probably one of the worse airports for FPS ever made....lolAre you trying to run like max autogen? Autogen and water will kill a computer....no matter how good.I stick with Low x2 and Dense.

Get a faster processor.I've got an 2500k and same graphiccard as you.When i am approaching EHAM from Aerosoft with REX UTX GEX etc. On high average settings i get 22+ in VC.A good processor is the secret, and btw. Run Venetubo's Tool, works great.Jan Reineke

Edited by BoeingPilot

You don't have to have 30FPS consistently to experience a smooth simulation. Make some compromises, take a look at Ryan's Nvidia settings in the PMDG General forum and with a bit of patience and reading, you should succeed.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Depends on what your sliders are at in FSX. My PC is not far off from yours and I get 30 to 36 FPS in the NGX running Activesky2012 and FSinn but my sliders are at 50%.

Turn down your settings. Don't ever expect 30 FPS at all time.Heck, I have a powerful PC but get 11-12FPS at ORBX YMML and YBBN.You dont really need 30, as your eyes can only see 25 I think!

Post your FSX settings and also see how FSX runs with MTX turned off as most of the models look like leftovers from FS98.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Also double check how you OC your CPU. I have the same i5 760 and while mileage may vary I think you should be able to reach 4Ghz with decent voltage settings.Do you have an adequate cooler?

What are your settings? What are your cfg tweaks? What is your AG slider at? What boxes are unticked? Performance is all so subjective. I now run all my flights at 26 frames and look at my sig! BUT I run with very dense autogen iwhen using GA but when flying the NGX out of Heathrow, my autogen is set at normal and I get 24 frames sat at the end of runway 27. So you can do the maths! :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Lots of AI traffic will have a big impact on FPS. I can live with that down to 15 fps just to have the experience during taxi but 25+ at all other times. So many variables and the ongoing quest for higher fps leads us into the realms of OCing...oh gotta go, there's smoke down below!

You dont really need 30, as your eyes can only see 25 I think!
"MYTH POLICE! Drop the old myth you're spreading and come out with your hands up!" Just%20Kidding.gif