Sign in to follow this  
Brendan Calkins

how many fps do you get?

I get about 30fps, depending whats happening, Thats with REX, GEpro, Activesky, Some AI from WOAI and also payware aircraft(mostly IFLY's 737)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Oh ya, mine are just about maxed LOLAlso on a laptop, no desktop for this guy :(

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Play about with your settings and see what works for you, is 27fps the max that you are getting or the average?

how many fps do you get? is 27 fps good?
This is a very relative question.How many FPS with what addons (airports, aircraft, panel, clouds, wx, traffic, tools, etc), what settings, what PC, what system?I for instance may see frames between 18 and 30 (most of the time close to 30) having them locked at 30.If I unlock, they might go very high sometimes.In general though, I would find 27 FPS more than enough for an enjoyable experience. At least on departure and finals. Edited by Rafal

Lock your Frame rate to 20 FPS (max 25 FPS).This will resuly in consistant; "smoothness"..... :( ...!Anything greater is wasting resoures, annd creating erratic flying, (no longer smooth).(The human eye cannot detect any Frame Rates greater than 25 FPS anyway!).It is vital that the Frame Rate is LOCKED to 20 FPS for on-line Multiplayer flights!This prevents erratic behavour between visible aircraft during the Session (leaping around!), and eases the load on the Server!Setting Unlimited FPS is a waste of time...trust me!Paul.... :( ...!

Edited by Fozzer

Oh Paul Paul Paul...That is absolute garbage and has been dis-proven time and time again... it really irks the heck out of me when people spread complete misinformation like that.

Anything greater than 20 FPS is wasting resources and creating erratic flying?
BS
Human eye can't detect more than 25 FPS.
BS
The eye doesn't capture frames like a video device, the brain processes a stream of information from the optic nerve. The only real, practical limitations on the eye are tracking speed, focus speed and lighting conditions. The 'best' frame rate for viewing something is entirely dependent on the media and its characteristics. The attached link is interesting and informative.Some people say that you can't detect the difference past 60 FPS (in video games), others say 100 is where you can't perceive the difference. It's definitely media dependent. Source(s):http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.htmlhttp://www.100fps.co..._humans_see.htmhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate
Unlimited a waste of time? BSWhen FPS is set to unlimited and locked with an external frame limiter or used in conjunction with VSync and you can sustain 60 FPS on a 60 HZ monitor the experience is night and day over 20 FPS in any situation anytime.
Also something to remember: frames rendered in movies and TV are radically different than frames rendered on a computer screen. Both movies and television use motion blur, so that very high motion doesn't appear choppy even at a paltry 30FPS. Your computer doesn't perform motion blur (in most circumstances) so the frames can be very jerky during a quick movement.
Not sure about multiplayer but I would bet that is incorrect information as well.Not intended to be rude but your information is just dated and wrong. All of that stuff about above 20fps being erratic I have just never even heard before and couldn't be any further from the truth.Cheers,-P Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

27 FPS is a respectable performance result . . . if you don't see any freezing, stuttering, or other abnormality in the display, never look a gift horse in the mouth. I start worrying, or know that my box is lugging when I get down to 14-18; otherwise, I leave everything alone. I think I've spent more time tweaking for that elusive last FPS, than I have flying!

Edited by Chuck_B

I think I've spent more time tweaking for that elusive last FPS, than I have flying!
How true. I guess most of us have a history of that...Microsoft Flight Tweakulator.

how many fps do you get? is 27 fps good?
1. I got 22-34.2. 27 is relatively good. Edited by Coltrane

I get about 25-30 with 3840x1200 pixels resolution over two big screens and using all sorts of commercial and custom (self-made) add-ons. I do sometimes go down to the 15-20 range when there is enough weather and AI in the area. I tend not to look at the FPS unless I really start to see some problems, otherwise if you can't see anything wrong, why go looking for it?! I could get up to 50-60 with one screen, but the extra view makes more difference to me than the extra FPS...27 sounds quite ok - such high FPS were a distant dream for most of my simming, until the last year or so when I've been able to have a powerful enough computer to max everything out and still get reasonable FPS. Until then I always tried to lock at 20 for smoothness (which worked, for me).Geoff