Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

Is there an XB-70 in XP 10?

I was reading on the "other" board about someone who had been spending a considerable amount of time (years) in creating this amazing aircraft.. It was so detailed it even had realistic, and functioning modeled ejection capsules.. He quit working on the project and according to a post was taken aboard the XP team to create aircraft.. Does anyone know if there is an XB-70 Valkyrie in XP 10??Thank you and Happy Flying..

I just went through my whole aircraft folder, and couldn't see a Valkyrie anywhere.Have good clouds here tonight though. :(

Edited by wb5okj

KPWA Wiley Post is 26MPH gusting to 36MPH. I had to do away with real weather, I just set the clouds at 39ooft and the wind 340 @ 15kts. In these kind of gusts the sim is uncontrollable.

We are getting off topic here i know.. Did they take 2DT (Downtown Airpark) and Expressway Airpark off?? They are out of service.. And being from where you are, does Tinker look good when flying in from the north when you cross 29th and I-40??

Downtown and Expressway Airpark are still there. All of the airports including Tinker are well laid out, just no buildings on them. From 8000 ft and 5 or 6 miles out, with visibility set at 10 miles, (thats whee I keep my visibility most of the time), they look real. Up close just no buildings. Coming in for a landing the runways look real, and of course at that point you are concentrating, so don't notice the lack of buildings. LOL

I just did a flight to Guthrie. I swear they have more buildings in Guthrie than in OKC. LOL. Actually I just did a repair on my copy of X=Plane as I couldn't remember if I did a clean nstall or loaded over the demo. after the repair I ran the updater, and got about 157 mB of files. Either there are a lot more buildings in this upload, or the building just became more apparent. At any rate there is now a businss community along the Kilpatrick Turnpike. Unfortunately Lake Arcadia is missing. a bit dissapointing as its a major landmark flying here, but I can live with it. I'm going to fly back to OKC from GOK, and see if the downtown improved any, I had a few office buildings downtown before, but there may be more now.

Haha, Well Guthrie was originally the capital.. Arcadia isnt that major really, now if one of the other lakes (Her, Over, Drape, or T-bird) were missing, that could be an issue.. Cause flying VFR those are some pretty good hints on your location.. I would also imagine I-40 crosstown is still in its old location still.. I posted a message about High Mast lights.. It would be neat if a few of those could be placed around the interchains..

@ wb5ok:I live near KMKO. I am working on KMKO scenery as well as KHAX (now a soccer field, but useful for VFR) and KTQH. Soon as Lego bricks are made available, I plan a redo as it should be done relatively quickly.You fly this way much?

i haven't been yet, I'm still busy running around the OKC area, however I plan to in the very near future to fly over your way. Particular the Talahina area and see what it looks lke in the sim.