Sign in to follow this  
mac44

Track IR and Prepar3d

Just in the process of deciding whether to get prepar3d and had a question about whether it works with track ir. I have the latest TrackIR software v5 and I think I noticed it has a profile for prepar 3d.However I have discovered a number of posts saying it doesnt work however their is a work around that requires you to buy some software called ezdok!Does it really work or do you need to use the workaround?http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=492

Until TrackIR decides to fix their driver, the workaround is required.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is the main reason im back to fsx again - difficulties with trackir. Btw though, if you havent got ezdok/ezca you should get it anyway.I'll check out the link and see if it gets my trackir/ezca working.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I have no luck in using Track-IR, followed the steps as mentioned and EZDOK is active and working, installed in the default Mooney and al views are ok... but NO following Track-IR. Even the POV switch on the Joystick is blocked as usual.EZDOK is seeing the Track-IR but there are no movements.Help !!!! Where am I wrong !!!!I'm using Track Clip Pro normally but tried all the different options in the Track-IR option menu.EDIT: Also placed the patch 1.17 Beta for Prepar3D but still no head tracking

Edited by simba_nl

I just finished porting my addons to P3d last night, but did not try EZdok yet. I will later tonight. I dont use Trackir with P3D since Im only flying the NGX at this point and TIR makes it hard for me to click buttons. I do use it for GA stuff, so I hope they Get this resolved. Im sure they will.Rob

@commancheI make an ezca camera for each important panel and disable head tracking in it. That makes button clicking easy, and still lets me use head tracking on the main captain and FO view (for looking around the cockpit and at the scenery). The last thing I do is map each main panel camera (cdu, overhead, throttle quad, pedestal, mcp, mip) to yoke buttons so I can instantly look at and imteract with any part of the cockpit without taking my eyes off the screen.This is for FSX, still working on getting this all to work with P3D.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I just got around to installling Ezdok with my Prepar3d install and it works great. Just installed Ezdok, then overwrote the EZCA.EXE with the beta patch ver (http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic40274_post236510.html#236510) and all is well. Track ir works well too. Does not crash on exit as some have reported. You just cant use the world view thing yet, because they havent modifed the EZCA config tool yet. I dont use that feature, so I could care less about that.I have both an FSX.exe and a P3d.exe in my root directory of Prepar3d.I copyied the P3d .exe to another directory and renamed it FSX.exe and then moved it back to the route directory of Prepar3d. This seemed to help a lot with installing addons that require the FSX to be there to install. Having both .exe's in the root directory causes no issues.Rob

Thanks other Rob, that might be enough to get me back into P3D. No trackir was a bit too much.

Oz

I just got around to installling Ezdok with my Prepar3d install and it works great. Just installed Ezdok, then overwrote the EZCA.EXE with the beta patch ver (http://www.simforums...510.html#236510) and all is well. Track ir works well too. Does not crash on exit as some have reported. You just cant use the world view thing yet, because they havent modifed the EZCA config tool yet. I dont use that feature, so I could care less about that.I have both an FSX.exe and a P3d.exe in my root directory of Prepar3d.I copyied the P3d .exe to another directory and renamed it FSX.exe and then moved it back to the route directory of Prepar3d. This seemed to help a lot with installing addons that require the FSX to be there to install. Having both .exe's in the root directory causes no issues.Rob
I did the same and EZDOK is visible in the TIR driver and in the EZDOK TIR is working BUT for me still no head tracking, The Track Clip Pro Light is responding but that's all. I hope, someone can give me the clue...

Hi Rob, yes I did and as I said, TIR and EZ waving hello to each other and the plane (aircraft.cfg) is edited but still no head tracking.
Hmm.. thats odd. Its working fine for me. Im not sure what could be the probelm. I bet its something easy to fix. Pehaps someone else can chime in here with any ideas?Rob

Hmm.. thats odd. Its working fine for me. Im not sure what could be the probelm. I bet its something easy to fix. Pehaps someone else can chime in here with any ideas?Rob
It's funny because when I open te TIR manager, it's saying, Title EZDOK active and head tracking works normal but in the VC of the plane nothing at all...

Hello there ..ok as I ve read, user did get EZdok working in Prepar3D. I did as well, but only the VC camera section and the aircraft camera section do work halfway properly in Prepar3D. The third section, the World Camera does not work at all for me ...Can somebody please tell me a way of how to get it working in Prepar3D ..?

The author of ezdok has said that the world camera function of ezdok will not currently work with prepar3d. The other 2 catagories do. He did Mention an updated version for p3d with full functionality but it will not be free. I don't know when but probably not for a while. I don't use the world camera function so I haven't been following its development.Rob