Sign in to follow this  
Thruster

Boeing press statement praises MS FLIGHT for cockpit inspiration

RENTON, Wash., Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA)

Boeing today released photographs of its latest revolutionary cockpit design initiative. Mr Dick Doofus McBellend of Boeing's elite cockpit design division admits being inspired by Microsoft's new simulator game, Microsoft FLIGHT.Mr McBellend adds, "Airline Captains, which research shows are getting dumber by the year, are in in dire need of a simpler way in which to interface with the aircraft.Traditional yoke & throttle pedestals will be replaced with dual shock Xbox 360 controllers. FMCs will also be replaced with a Texas Instruments Speak & Spell. Although Nav databases will be limited to Hawaii.Airlines however have been outraged. Captain Gaylord Overnout, Cheif Pilot for Landmark Airlines described Boeing's plans as, " Those Fu**ing Renton Orangutans!!! Captain Athur L. Willy of Emerald Harbour Air said, "There's NO ILS, I have to buy more fu**ing DLC to get the radios to work"Michael O'Leary CEO of RyanAir did however praise the plans. "We at RyanAir are delighted by Boeing plans. From Spring 2012, all aircrews will be dismissed & passengers which paid for an extra speedy boarding pass, will be able to pilot the aircraft themselves, an Xbox live account is all they need to qualify.

Edited by Thruster

Hahahahaha.... That pic is priceless xD please post it on facebook.com/msflight

Juan Ramos

:( :( :LMAO:These post are the best thing going for Flight! right now. I LOVE IT!

So where are the hoops and the golden coins to collect? Clearly this is fake cause I cant see them, nor can I see the pointers pointing to them :(

RENTON, Wash., Jan. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA)

Boeing today released photographs of its latest revolutionary cockpit design initiative. Mr Dick Doofus McBellend of Boeing's elite cockpit design division admits being inspired by Microsoft's new simulator game, Microsoft FLIGHT.Mr McBellend adds, "Airline Captains, which research shows are getting dumber by the year, are in in dire need of a simpler way in which to interface with the aircraft.Traditional yoke & throttle pedestals will be replaced with dual shock Xbox 360 controllers. FMCs will also be replaced with a Texas Instruments Speak & Spell. Although Nav databases will be limited to Hawaii.Airlines however have been outraged. Captain Gaylord Overnout, Cheif Pilot for Landmark Airlines described Boeing's plans as, " Those Fu**ing Renton Orangutans!!! Captain Athur L. Willy of Emerald Harbour Air said, "There's NO ILS, I have to buy more fu**ing DLC to get the radios to work"Michael O'Leary CEO of RyanAir did however praise the plans. "We at RyanAir are delighted by Boeing plans. From Spring 2012, all aircrews will be dismissed & passengers which paid for an extra speedy boarding pass, will be able to pilot the aircraft themselves, an Xbox live account is all they need to qualify.

:( :( :( B) B)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

that is pretty funny, congrats :(

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I was scared there for a minute...Totally priceless!

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Guest jahman

Select airlines such as Ryan Air that cater to the cost-conscious flyer will be further reducing cabin staff for additional savings, so flightdeck crew will have to perambulate to the galley at the back of the aircraft to brew their own coffee.At the request of the FAA, for these airlines Boeing is installing optional Kinect consoles on the center pedestal, so the crew can take command of the aircraft by jumping up and down and gesturing wildly from anywhere along the aisle, should the auto-pilot disengage mid-flight.Ckeers,- jahman.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.