Sign in to follow this  
flash828

Best corporate?

I wish the interiors on the CJ1 , Beechjet and Citation II were a bit more like the Mustangs (crisp
If they are not 'crisp' on your machine, its either the screen shot you are looking at (most likely) or a setting on your machine. I fly the CJ1 and CX since V1 and they are superb.

Jay

I'd personally LOVE a Gulfstream, ANY variant...but, when I used to live very near Savannah, GA, I heard they shot down the ideas from multiple dev's because of copywrite. :( Oh, well, guess I wait for something else. :)

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Seems we have every flavor, make, model, tail number and paint scheme of nearly every single airliner known to man, but so few corporate jets.
A modern biz jet has avionics that are many times more complex than anything we've seen for FS. They also don't sell as well as the heavies. Why spend that much time and money developing something that won't sell even half as well as a Boeing? Edited by kiwikat

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

True but we still desire one :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My corporate favorites are Eaglesoft Beechjet and Citation II. I agree with Ryan, a good Excel or Sovereign would serve us well. It is funny but sad that the Gulfstream copywrite issue prevents us from having quality simulated aircraft. If you are using multiple sims and have X-Plane there is a payware G650 and a payware Gulfstream II produced by 3rd party developers. I don't recall hearing about any trouble with those planes being released.

Keith Guillory

Why spend that much time and money developing something that won't sell even half as well as a Boeing?
For the love of it....ever ridden in one? Quite an experience. :( Our thanks to all who support and enjoy our efforts. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

A modern biz jet has avionics that are many times more complex than anything we've seen for FS. They also don't sell as well as the heavies. Why spend that much time and money developing something that won't sell even half as well as a Boeing?
The selling part is speculative at best, we don't have enough samples out there to draw that conclusion yet.But I'd bet you a steak dinner if PMDG put their full weight behind the development of say a nice Falcon 900EX and did it up to the quality of their NGX it'd sell like mad. And as far as complexity goes, there are many extremely complex airliners out there and many more not he way and many talented developers who model them to a "T"...Its more than likely driven by what those who populate this hobby want, just look at the screen shot forums and especially the airliner photo hosting forums. Its clear most everyone hear fashions themselves the Captain of some 747/777 or A340 hauling piles of self loading freight across the Atlantic or Pacific. While in their own sim-land... I also think this drives the lust for full automation in that same crowd, those who want to plug in a flight plan into the FMC, launch in to the sky, auto-pilot engaged complete with auto-throttle then go hit X-box, watch a movie on TV or just goof off. Then come back a few hours later for the landing...The idea of replicating actual flying doesn't appeal to most here.Flying a CRJ to and from a a given pair of airports hub and spoke style, on flights of less than 2 hrs. Or flying a Citation, King Air or other small corporate plane on a three leg trip, with legs of less than an hour duration appeals to very few.Corporate jets do populate the major Class B airports, but most of them, the vast majority of them are in places like small Class C airports or uncontrolled fields which are located closer to company properties... I think this mindset is why we don't have a quality list of bizjets from all major developers.Eaglesoft has a nice line of offerings, I own several of them. And I look forward to the King Air C90 Carenado has in the pipeline. In reality corporate aviation and general aviation flight completely eclipse the numbers of airline flights by leaps and bounds each day. But, while a Falcon 900EX or 7X might cause all to pause and marvel over its elegance, it seems to stir the imaginations of very few here... who again want to drive 747's on long haul trips... trips mind you they won't even be seated at the computer for 90% of. While letting automation do everything...Its nice to see jets w/o auto throttles, its nicer to see jets with actual gauges in them.I saw in the JetPROP post where many were complaining about the lack of a DME. While I fully understand this is a glass plane and yes that needs a DME. It made me laugh a bit... as I'd much rather see an early JetPROP modeled, one with steam gauges and maybe a bear bones bendix/King GNS, over the Space Shuttle displays in it now...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Corporate jets do populate the major Class B airports, but most of them, the vast majority of them are in places like small Class C airports or uncontrolled fields which are located closer to company properties...
And many of those flights don't fill up six seats be they CJ1+ or B200. Definitely a niche type of flight. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I saw in the JetPROP post where many were complaining about the lack of a DME. While I fully understand this is a glass plane and yes that needs a DME. It made me laugh a bit... as I'd much rather see an early JetPROP modeled, one with steam gauges and maybe a bear bones bendix/King GNS, over the Space Shuttle displays in it now...
That was me whining about the lack of DME. I'd LOVE to have the jetprop's right seat look like the left seat in terms of instruments.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Our thanks to all who support and enjoy our efforts
And our thanks to you Ron and your team for providing some excellant quality bizjets, as well as others. I have literally 1000's of hours in the CJ1+ ( I wonder how many know what the "+" stands for :-). It is my all time favorite plane in FSX and among other things, have flown it on 5 'round the world' flights. I still use V1 since it's now a family member :-)

Jay

I personally love the heavies, but cannot devote time to simulating long hauls and never considered accelerating the flight sim to get somewhere quicker. Jacoba identifies with the short leg flying that I enjoy most and in some instances will hand-fly a good portion of the flight. While I have no single preferred geographic location I can real-time fly a bizjet or turboprop from start to finish somewhere in Southwest USA and the hope over to Florida and do another short flight and get more from it than the same duration of flight or longer in a airliner.

Keith Guillory

That was me whining about the lack of DME. I'd LOVE to have the jetprop's right seat look like the left seat in terms of instruments.
Well, your complaint regarding the lack of any DME in a glass cockpit is well founded. And needs to be addressed by the author.I too would love to see it look like this!http://www.controlle...ze/82306672.jpg Edited by Jacoba

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

And our thanks to you Ron and your team for providing some excellant quality bizjets, as well as others. I have literally 1000's of hours in the CJ1+ ( I wonder how many know what the "+" stands for :-). It is my all time favorite plane in FSX and among other things, have flown it on 5 'round the world' flights. I still use V1 since it's now a family member :-)
Ha ha, Hopefully the little CJ1+ 2.0 doesn't stay a secret for those who've yet to discover the depth of the Universal FMC in that bird.Wow 5 RTWs! Wish I had the time to fly a little more. Can't say why but really do enjoy the Aspen approaches in all of our birds.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well, your complaint regarding the lack of any DME in a glass cockpit is well founded. And needs to be addressed by the author.
Actually, with dual GPSs, you can enter the VOR as a waypoint in one GPS and it willgive you the real time distance, same as a DME.

Bert

Ha ha, Hopefully the little CJ1+ 2.0 doesn't stay a secret for those who've yet to discover the depth of the Universal FMC in that bird.Wow 5 RTWs! Wish I had the time to fly a little more. Can't say why but really do enjoy the Aspen approaches in all of our birds.
I gotta tell ya a secret Ron, I stuck with V 1 because of the FMC, I love just jumping in, firing it up and going, with minimum programming involved.The RTW's I flew were years ago. We had a dozen or so guys flying it at the time, and it was a ball. I set up the fp's, and made sure there were plenty of 'challenges' for takeoff's, touchdowns, and routes. Flying an approach in heavy weather (we used real world) at 90kts and landing on a 2000ft grass strip at night can really affect the 'pucker factor'. We used the CJ for all flights as we could cruise at 300kts and land slow, and make most of the legs at around 10K to enjoy the scenery. The CJ is one great plane and I have more time in it than any other, including tubeliners.And I have to agree about Aspen, flying the approach at night in a blinding snowstorm is a hoot! Edited by PIC007

Jay