Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Flood Redmond with Emails...

Just a thought, instead of griping about Flight here why don't we take our issues directly to Microsoft? I don't buy into the fact that we are as irrelevant as some may have you believe and I this is not about getting them to change Flight but rather raise some attention that this is the wrong course for this franchise. Nothing can be done about Flight but with enough voices they would at least know there's a large number of people who care enough about the legacy of the franchise to not let it die quietly. We have alternatives like FS9, FSX, XPlane 11 (10 may be a wash unless 3rd party steps in big time) to name a few. Area sims don't matter as much as the sims that cover the whole world with endless possibilities of how one can train, play, and simulate real world flight. To me that's wirth preserving, the whole world/ATC sim that Microsoft has given us since FS2k2 came out. If that's what we want we need to show there's a demand for that by protesting in a constructive way. Again third party is what's kept Flight Simulator alive since FS5.1. Let's not let it die without saying something. Arguing about it in these forums is like sitting in an apartment somewhere going around in a circle about the issue...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thing is we don't know the direction of Flight even at this stage, everyone is still just making assumtions, would be great if they could just be straight forward about what is to come with Flight. Maybe they don't know themselves?

Just a thought, instead of griping about Flight here why don't we take our issues directly to Microsoft?
[sarcasm]Good heavens, why didn't I think of that myself??[/sarcasm] Seriously, grow up... don't you have better things to do? Edited by Rimshot

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Clearly they haven't learned nor listened to this community before, seriously... its why they are giving us FLIGHT the arcade version... why would they start now?If anything it'll just backfire on us, they'll either work harder to continue to ignore us even more, or file it away so that once FLIGHT is released and is a huge financial flop for them, they'll just recall all the nasty emails and the howling we did on the many forums we visit, cancel it completely and wash their hands of flight simulators completely.They aren't the money makers many here think or wish them to be, if that was indeed the case. ACES would still be here and we'd be eagerly awaiting FS11 in all its wonderful, global eye popping glory!But, instead were all here, upset over what most of us suspected that FLIGHT would turn out to be many months ago.I say no emails, just continue to enjoy FS10, support the add on developers who will continue to breathe life into that FS version until something else comes along.If MS wakes up one day and realizes their mistake then fine, we'll see FS11... if not, we have FSX, XP10 and for now P3D...

Edited by Jacoba

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Flood away Dillon....oh wait everyone in the community and in every FS Forum already did that with FSX RTM....remember?I do remember many saying they will never move to FSX and now they love it... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Flood away Dillon....oh wait everyone in the community and in every FS Forum already did that with FSX RTM....remember?I do remember many saying they will never move to FSX and now they love it... :(
In 6 years time could they be saying the same about MS Flight.they will never move to FS Flight and now they love it... :(

Let's wait for the RTM before we start writing to Microsoft.
Don't be silly - why should we wait for the facts?

This is funny Ron... If you'd bother to look at my system specs you'd know there's no way I could run FSX on that computer. :( Check your records Ron to see if I've bought any FSX add-ons lately (or ever). I'm still 100% FS9. I never actually praised FSX outright but there's no denying hardware has caught up to the sim at a point many can enjoy it and it looks good. My next upgrade was planned to be either Flight but since it's not what I hoped for I'll move to the next best thing as hardware today can run it. That being said, do to the time it would take to get FSX up and running I'm not looking at upgrading to FSX for another year most likely. Everytime I fire up FS9 I'm still more than happy with it. I don't see no real great need to upgrade. Flight we hoped would have been a leap forward in hardware compatibility with today's standard and a step forward from FSX, in other words worth upgrading upon release.
In 6 years time could they be saying the same about MS Flight.they will never move to FS Flight and now they love it... :(
In the case of FSX I can't love something I don't have installed and in the case of Flight in six years please, it would be just like today with FSX (not installed)... B) With no support for add-on developers both freeware and payware I can't see how anyone could speak of a move to Flight in 6 years. This is totally different than FSX and even today FS9 beats out FSX in freeware daily downloads on average. Go figure that one out... If we go by this trend people in 6 years will be with what works heck FS9 will still be around for many and Flight will be a thing of the past. People aren't just moving to something because it's new, the product has to earn their dollars. If things stay the same with Flight and there's no third party support and a whole world to explore you tell me who's going to be loving it in 6 years? Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

This is funny Ron... If you'd bother to look at my system specs you'd know there's no way I could run FSX on that computer. Check your records Ron to see if I've bought any FSX add-ons lately (or ever). I'm still 100% FS9. I never actually praised FSX outright but there's no denying hardware has caught up to the sim at a point many can enjoy it and it looks good. My next upgrade was planned to be either Flight but since it's not what I hoped for I'll move to the next best thing as hardware today can run it. That being said, do to the time it would take to get FSX up and running I'm not looking at upgrading to FSX for another year most likely. Everytime I fire up FS9 I'm still more than happy with it. I don't see no real great need to upgrade. Flight we hoped would have been a leap forward in hardware compatibility with today's standard and a step forward from FSX, in other words worth upgrading upon release.
Dillon, I don't want to burst your bubble but MS is not paying attention to FS9 or FSX folks at the moment.I have serious doubts that a consumer "letter writing flood" is going to amount to anything more than drop in the bucket much less a "flood".

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Dillon, I don't want to burst your bubble but MS is not paying attention to FS9 or FSX folks at the moment.I have serious doubts that a consumer "letter writing flood" is going to amount to anything more than drop in the bucket much less a "flood".
Ron I actually agree with you, it was just a thought. Of all people you should be the main one concerned as this affects your business with the new sim. Either way it was a suggestion about doing something versus coming in here griping about it all day. At least Microsoft could get an ear full.

FS2020 

Ron I actually agree with you, it was just a thought. Of all people you should be the main one concerned as this affects your business with the new sim. Either way it was a suggestion about doing something versus coming in here griping about it all day. At least Microsoft could get an ear full.
With all due respect they've had more than enough "earfuls" and it appears that it has had little to no effect. We all need to realize that they make decisions without much regard to whether you or I like it. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Why go to the bother. They read this forum frequently and have seen everyone of the rants and childishness that some have exhibited.

Why go to the bother. They read this forum frequently and have seen everyone of the rants and childishness that some have exhibited.
+1After all, FLIGHT is "ONLY A GAME" ! -- literally ( There are far more import things in life ) Edited by FSMP

Just a thought, instead of griping about Flight here why don't we take our issues directly to Microsoft? I don't buy into the fact that we are as irrelevant as some may have you believe and I this is not about getting them to change Flight but rather raise some attention that this is the wrong course for this franchise. Nothing can be done about Flight but with enough voices they would at least know there's a large number of people who care enough about the legacy of the franchise to not let it die quietly. We have alternatives like FS9, FSX, XPlane 11 (10 may be a wash unless 3rd party steps in big time) to name a few. Area sims don't matter as much as the sims that cover the whole world with endless possibilities of how one can train, play, and simulate real world flight. To me that's wirth preserving, the whole world/ATC sim that Microsoft has given us since FS2k2 came out. If that's what we want we need to show there's a demand for that by protesting in a constructive way. Again third party is what's kept Flight Simulator alive since FS5.1. Let's not let it die without saying something. Arguing about it in these forums is like sitting in an apartment somewhere going around in a circle about the issue...
Forget it there is no unity, just read around and you´ll see some half simers writting hopfull notes to Santa MS$.....they still don´t get it. Without world coverage and an SDK, even for a price, the thing won´t fly for real simers.......keep your cool, there are two very "new" sims on the way and look all we can still do with FSX for years to come. :) Edited by pilota