Sign in to follow this  
P47D

Scenery Recommendations. USA California

Megascenery Earth california is not really good, imho. It's 'ok'. Socal is really good (megascenery, not megascenery earth).I agree that megascenery earth arizona is really good, though.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

OK how the heck do you install the stuff from simsavvy?
download the CA files which will give you a load of .bgl files.In your main c: fsx directory look for the addon scenery folder which should be near the top. Create a new folder in it. called sim-savvy. open your new folder and create a sub folder which must be called "scenery". Paste your downloaded CA files in there.Next load fsx. Click on the settings tab and then the scenery tab. This will open a list of all your scenery. Click on add area. Click on the sim savvy folder you have created and click ok. This will add the scenery. If you are using win7 you will have to click on sim-savvy then left click the mouse anywhere below the folder in a blank part of the white screen for it too work before clicking ok or it wont work. There is a bug in win7. If all is successful sim-savvy will now appear in your scenery list and go fly it.Ta.Steve. Edited by Randalicous

Thank you thank you. I had done that but when I took off from KSMX it looked all weird so I didn't think I did it right. Then I went ti KPSP and it looked right. Maybe just in my area it's all messed up.I appreciate the help

What will be the most realistic flights for California? What addon bundle?

Don't know what to bundle to get realistic california flight, help.

- FTX Orbx

-GEX

-UTX

-Megasceneryearth California complete state

-Megascenry Socal

- Cal Airport scenery from Dreamstime

- Aerosoft cityX cal scenery like LAX, LAS...

Blueskyscenery (Free)

-more....

Please help me chose a bundle.

BlueSkyScenery is absolutely great, plus it's freeware, so I'd recommend to try that first, especially if you're into photoreal textures. Photoreal has some downsides, though, such as less autogen (but IIRC there are at least some areas which actually do have autogen buildings and trees), but it can still be a great experience.

As for the commercial packages: I don't own any of those you mention, haven't even heard of a few, so even though I have an opinion on those sceneries (based on other work by the respective developers and their product screenshots) I don't want to discuss this opinion, as it would be speculation only.

Kind regards,