Sign in to follow this  
Gchris

RC4 slow since I update for AS2012

HI,Since I update ASE for AS2012 I notice RC is very slow to respond at the end of my flight in FSX....I use AS2012 with DWC mode and it's the same for all the airplane even with the default one. (I have the last registered version of fsuipc4.Do you have a solution for that?Thank youChristian

Since I update ASE for AS2012 I notice RC is very slow to respond at the end of my flight in FSX....I use AS2012 with DWC mode and it's the same for all the airplane even with the default one. (I have the last registered version of fsuipc4.
What were you using before AS2012 with DWC? There's no difference here between that and ASE with DWC. In fact with the very latest FSUIPC version (4.756 is the latest, I don't know what you mean by 'last', it's alwayts better to quote numbers) it should be faster, because now, when FSUIPC detects DWC mode it doesn't ask SimConnect for weather data so often, instead asking ActiveSky -- earlier versions did both.If you are running FSX, AS2012 and RC all on the same PC it may simply be that the extras in AS2012 over ASE (expecially the graphics) are overwhelming your system a little more than before. Currently I have AS2012 on the FSX PC but RC eunning on a WideFS client and the response is excellent.RegardsPete Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Pete,I used REX with ASE and rc response was excellent for all the airplane except for the fokker of digital aviation.... But now at the beginning of my flight, RC response is good but when I reach my destination (about 100nm of my destination) contacting approach RC is very very slow and for all the airplane. Sometimes a little bit quicker but not like before with ASE.Yesterday I did a flight with level d 767 and I asked fo another rwy it takes near one minute to display the runways....so I think there is an option in AS2012 who slow down rc maybe.Yes i have Fsuipc4.756, and my system is an I7 2600K 4.0GHZ 16gb memory windows7 64 bits french.ThanksChristian

i guess you can make a log for me, and i can see what might be going on. when you say rc is very slow, what does that mean? what part of it is slow?since the only thing that has changed is as2012, rc has remained the same, i'm thinking there might be a tweak in as2012 - as opposed to something that needs to be done in rcmake me a log, let me look, anywayjd

i guess you can make a log for me, and i can see what might be going on. when you say rc is very slow, what does that mean? what part of it is slow?since the only thing that has changed is as2012, rc has remained the same, i'm thinking there might be a tweak in as2012 - as opposed to something that needs to be done in rcmake me a log, let me look, anywayjd
Hi jd,I mean it's slow to respond when for example rc ask to contact approach it takes a long time to do it... you see. or changing the runway like I said it takes a lot of time to diplay it in the little window of rc and so on.To resume before it takes 1 sec now it takes 10sec..or more or less it depends on.... I will do a log for you.ThanksChristian

Have you tried the general performance increase options in RC? Display Text-OFF, Prerecorded Chatter-OFF.As you approach destination AI rendering increases and also AI chatter can increase in addition to scenery complexity increases. FSX does most of it graphics rendering in the main CPU but if you are using Win 7 complex math processes can be transferred to the graphics processor if available.Have you checked the hi-fi sim forum here for any performance issues?I do not have a multi-core processor but see if running RC on another core helps. See if running AS 2012 instead on another core helps but I'm not sure which is better. (Look for application affinity assignments in Win 7.)Other than that you might be better served with a networked client pc and WideFS as Pete stated. A medium priced laptop should do for that and use headsets for RC on the laptop.To run AS2012 and FSX plus RC you'll need a high end PC, Win 7, and a separate cable graphics card.

Edited by ronzie

Never mind...

Edited by jordanal

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE