Sign in to follow this  
morganbass

That Old Simconnect Issue, SOLVED

Some of you may recall in the past that I have been politely vitriolic in my condemnation of PMDG and the simconnect flooding issue in relation to my Aivlasoft EFB installation. In short the problem seemed to be that the NGX was causing an issue and preventing aircraft data to be pushed via simconnect to the display unit of EFB.I have spent several weeks trying to get to the bottom of this problem in conversations with the developers of EFB and others.I had a flash of inspiration and found the solution last night.First I have to publicly apologise to Mr Randazzo and the team at PMDG, when I get it wrong I will stand up and say so. It wasn't PMDG or the NGX that was causing the issue as I and many others thought but quite simply a setting in FSinn (Vatsim pilot client) that I had overlooked. Because of this aircarft data tags in EFB would disappera at 10nm, causing me to think I had a simconnect issue.In fsinn you can set the range in NM that aircraft data will be seen at. Normally we, FSinn support team, recommend setting this at 10nm, as that is the distance FSX will physically place aircraft in the sim, and so aiding those with low to mid range machines with FPS.I had mine set at 10nm, and had forgot about it, I possisbly had been showing someone something to do with FSinn on Teamviewer and forgot to put it back to my normal setting of 100nm. As I had forgotten about this it just appeared to me that my problems started around the sametime that I bought both the iFly 737 and the PMDG 737ngx.So problem solved, apology made.I could have not bothered with the apology but that is not my way, also this sad tale may help others who have a similar issue who fly online using either squawkbox or Fsinn. Check your multiplayer visibility range.Wycliffe

Good on you for the apology but I'm surprised you didn't rule out the NGX much earlier. I've been using Aivlasoft EFB and the NGX and have had no problems with traffic display since the EFB's SP5 several months ago. I thought most people had the same positive results based on their forums which should have turned your attention from the NGX being the issue.But either way, I'm glad you got it sorted.