Sign in to follow this  
northridge

Felice Valente Fuel Planner v2.01

Does anybody use this?I can input to the blue boxes on the left-hand panel but not into the Distance Correction box, and none of the right-hand panel boxes. I see the little line when I click on the box but cant input anything.Does this mean Im doing something wrong right from the get-go?If this planner is known not to be very good is there another? (Please, respectfully, dont suggest FSBuild or any other payware, unless you send cash with your ideas).

Hi,I used to use the excel sheet in the pmdg_fuel_planner.zip which is in the library to predict my fuel usage. It´s pretty good and easy to use.

Does anybody use this?I can input to the blue boxes on the left-hand panel but not into the Distance Correction box, and none of the right-hand panel boxes. I see the little line when I click on the box but cant input anything.Does this mean Im doing something wrong right from the get-go?If this planner is known not to be very good is there another? (Please, respectfully, dont suggest FSBuild or any other payware, unless you send cash with your ideas).
I have just downloaded and used this Fuel Planner. Once I had input all the data in the blue boxes on both the left-hand side and the right hand side which has 2 blue boxes, it gave me a figure in that distance correction box. Mind you ,it gave me an under-figure as regards the fuel I required for TNCM-EHAM 4864m flight, but at least I had a rough idea what fuel load was needed.

Thanks guys.You are a wiser man that I, fuguring out that that just the blue boxes have to be entered.Did you figure out a rough percentage of "underfuel"? Will another 5% do it?I did an overnight EGLL-SBGL before posting, using FSCommander as a fuel guide, and as I woke at 05.00 and turned on the screen by a tremendous coincidence I was directly over SBFZ, the first lBrasilian landcall from Europe and my home town. And all the bells and whistles were flashing cos I was almost dry, so just threw in a few pounds via the menu to reach destination.Regards

Thanks guys.You are a wiser man that I, fuguring out that that just the blue boxes have to be entered.Did you figure out a rough percentage of "underfuel"? Will another 5% do it?I did an overnight EGLL-SBGL before posting, using FSCommander as a fuel guide, and as I woke at 05.00 and turned on the screen by a tremendous coincidence I was directly over SBFZ, the first lBrasilian landcall from Europe and my home town. And all the bells and whistles were flashing cos I was almost dry, so just threw in a few pounds via the menu to reach destination.Regards
Hello BrasileiroBecause that fuel planner was giving me an under-figure, as I was using the PMDG 747-400X, I used the Load Manager to give me the fuel as the FMC takes into account the SID and STAR which the fuel planner does not do, hence the under-figure. I also reference the FMC to give me the arrival fuel+5% for a change to the arrival STAR.I fly that EGLL-SBGL quite often, and like you leave it overnight as it's a very long haul and catch up with it around Fernando de Noronha as I still have time for my next step climb, where incidentally that AF Airbus A330 went down, but then being a local, you will already know that.

Hello again, vc10man, two months after our original exchange.And why? Cos I couldnt remember your explanation about how to use the Planner following a recent OS and FS reinstall - so I had to come back and look up your answer! (I´ve now made a note about it in my 747 folder).BTW, although local I´m definately not "Brasileiro": I was born and bred in what was then called "upper-middle-class" in the UK in the 1950s, and that stuff sticks, I can tell you. I was ok when I lived in Spain and then Portugal in the 80s and 90s, but I´m afraid my stiff upper lip/punctuality/"no, after you" etc doesn´t work so well here.But that´s my fault, not theirs, and I´m too old to change now.Regards.

Hello northridgeFirst, my apologies for assuming that you were a 'umo brasileiro' as you were referencing to SBFZ as your hometown and thought it may have been your homeland too. Those 'upper middle-class' upbringings are hard to live down. As somebody who is well-versed in both Spanish, Portuguese cultures, I know what you meanSecondly, glad you were able to come back and refer to that old post. Not flown the 747X for a while now as I am currently building airtime on the MD-11 and MD-11F and a host of other aircraft that are gathering dust in my hangar. Just flew out of SBGR headed back to to LSZH. On the MD-11, I use a freeware fuel planner that somebody had posted here. It's more or less accurate but I now use TopCat as well and cross-reference FSC v9 which besides giving me the route plan, also gives me a fuel load. Then it's a matter of working out the averages and adding 5% to counter weather downloaded live from within Topcat plus last-minute FMC changes.