Sign in to follow this  

with this one and clouds at 59% (*) they look quite good to me. performance on my Mac is still ok - as long as I do not treet my system with HDR. So nothing new in this regard.settled with 39% in RC2. look still ok, performance a lot better.

Edited by woweezowee

They've always looked that good to me, at that altitude (when your close to the cloud tops), nothing has changed there. The problem still exists with the double layered clouds though, when your in the 30,000ft range looking ahead / or down. Here's a shot from this morning with RC2. And the fps hit was huge. I went from 60+fps in rain with fairly heavy cover to 7'ish as soon as I popped through the clouds when climbing out. Keep working at it Austin, not there yet. They did indicate through an email that they are still working on the clouds, but it might be a while before they get it "fixed", other things were priority at the moment, fair enough. I won't let them forget. ^_^Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

not for me, I even had bad clouds at lower levels, wich is where I mostly fly. Now I went down to "19%" and still see nice stuff - this wasn't possible before RC2. I sure hope Austin fixes the issue that you mention, too.

Can I ask what this is a RC for? Most systems that are stable enough to have a RC dont have a couple in a couple of days? Is this to take it out of beta?

Yes, but I was curious as to where, is this just going to go to 10.05 beta 1 as the following release then I dont see whats happening here?

no. after the betas and the RCs it usually does not drop back to beta. all further updates will then be 10.03 final, 10.04, 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, and so on

Edited by woweezowee

Can I ask what this is a RC for? Most systems that are stable enough to have a RC dont have a couple in a couple of days? Is this to take it out of beta?
Yes. "RC" means "release candidate". Most developers go through multiple in-house release candidates before finally declaring "gold" and setting a firm release date. Laminar does things a little backwards. What this means in practical terms is that once X-Plane 10 is given gold status, customers won't have beta builds automatically pushed to them unless they explicitly ask for it via a checkbox in the updater.

exactly. much clerarer than what I said. but I advise: keep the beta checkbox off and only load the "final" versions. ;)

Yes. "RC" means "release candidate". Most developers go through multiple in-house release candidates before finally declaring "gold" and setting a firm release date. Laminar does things a little backwards. What this means in practical terms is that once X-Plane 10 is given gold status, customers won't have beta builds automatically pushed to them unless they explicitly ask for it via a checkbox in the updater.
Thanks MM. My question was primarily because it is strange to have a second RC within a couple of days of a previous one. A RC should be stable enough to go gold if it doesn't attract to many problems in the wild. I guess I was curious if the RC cycle was as quick as the beta cycle, if so then I guess it wasn't really at RC status yet.

Those Clouds look really nice! Glad to see they are working hard on Xplane. Unfortunatley did not get my XP10 disks today, UPS said they couldnt find my house. :( Hopefully tomorrow.Rob

As I said most software titles often have several release candidates. If notable bugs are found then they're fixed and a new RC is submitted, and the process continues until it's declared gold. Because it's bug fixing and not adding or changing features, RCs tend to appen quickly, sometimes even several a day. Usually it's an internal process and we don't see it.

deleted the post because a talk of RC definitions isnt really required.

Edited by JasonHarris