Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Web Browsers?

Is there any good web browsers that can be used within FSX? It seems that there were a few before, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

What do you mean by "within FSX"? Does the online help use a browser?

Dean Stringer

Is there any good web browsers that can be used within FSX? It seems that there were a few before, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.
iPad. :( (love being a smartass :( )

What mean is something like FS Web Communicator,but I cant seem to find that anywhere.
What are you trying to do?

Jay

What are you trying to do?
I want to be able to surf the web while using the simulator without having to put it into windowed mode and open my browser on my desktop.

Gotcha but as far as I know, if you are using FSX in full screen you are stuck

Jay

Gotcha but as far as I know, if you are using FSX in full screen you are stuck
Darn. Thanks anyways. It wouldn't be a problem if FSX didn't pause whenever I click on something else while in windowed model.

Darn. Thanks anyways. It wouldn't be a problem if FSX didn't pause whenever I click on something else while in windowed model.
Thats an easy fix, uncheck "Pause on Task' in the Settings

Jay

A second monitor is the way to go really. But actually it's quite a nifty idea, a mini web browser, ala a EFB, built in as a gauge or something???

Dean Stringer

A second monitor is the way to go really. But actually it's quite a nifty idea, a mini web browser, ala a EFB, built in as a gauge or something???
Second monitor is great but still needs to be in windowed mode to use it, and have 'Pause on task' disabled

Jay

Problem with a 2nd monitor is that you have to run in windowed mode, which I know is a complete no-no for many, myself included. I'd rather eat my headphones.So I have a 2nd machine, ancient old thing but it's fine just for showing charts and weather etc.I could never figure out why they removed web functionality from the FSX kneeboard. FS9 was great for that.