Since this is out:http://secure.simmarket.com/vr-insight-v737-overhead.phtmlI'll gladly see comments of anyone who was tempted to purchase this.

Waiting on mine to arrive. You can find most of the documentation on Vrinsight's website. Manual/Drawings/Software/Etc.

Waiting on mine to arrive. You can find most of the documentation on Vrinsight's website. Manual/Drawings/Software/Etc.
Please share with us the things which are not included in documentation - issues, compatibility problems, build quality...

I agree it looks fantastic. I would have been very tempted to save my hard earned dosh and buy it for my next sim build, until I saw the dimensions.... it's barely a foot square! Sorry guys, everyone to their own, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money on something that was so less than a true rendition of the real thing.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I agree it looks fantastic. I would have been very tempted to save my hard earned dosh and buy it for my next sim build, until I saw the dimensions.... it's barely a foot square! Sorry guys, everyone to their own, but I wouldn't pay that kind of money on something that was so less than a true rendition of the real thing.
+100VR insight seems to have a lot of products that look nice but just seem to miss the mark by a fraction. Their yoke is another example, they got everything right except the lack of programmable switches.I saw this overhead and thought this was going to be must have, until like you, I saw the dimensions. What were they thinking? At least make a full size version as an option. The extra sheet metal and aluminum could not add that much to the price of the product; shipping yes but, not the overhead.Makes me wonder what the size of the switches are? Notice they did not put anything next to it for scale?Bummer!

RE Thomason Jr.

[media]

[media]You guys are missing the point of it being compact. Not everone has the infrastructure needed for a full size overhead. It easily attaches to a monitor stand and gets the job done, all in one just plug and go. Edited by ohsirus

Ohsirus, I hear what you're saying sure, it could be smaller, but crikey, 12" square!!! Like Blaze said about the yoke. I too wanted one, but the lack of switches stopped me! I wonder how many other simmers feel exactly the same way as Blaze and me??!! If I were manufacturing anything to such a high standard and supplying such a niche market, I would have done some pretty thorough market research beforehand. Maybe they did, but I doubt it. If so, could we really believe that no one said, 'hey, great bit of kit but it's the size of a toy' or 'love the yoke, but simmers like more switches on their yokes.' I think so... so I'm a lost customer, Blaze is a lost customer... how many others?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Howard, have to take into consideration also that not everyone is going for the full-scale cockpit. I was initially leary on the price, but I ordered it while on sale so it wasn't too bad. VRi generally does fill that niche of trying to compress alot into one small piece as their MCPs do. It's small size goes nice with my current layout and since it has a vesa mount going to connect up a swivel arm to move it out of the way when not needed.Projectver1.jpg

Looks like that is some great kit Vincent. Post some pics when you have aminute...

Howard

I hear what your saying Vincent, for those where space is a premium it does become a viable option. At these dimensions it could get set to the side and used more like an a flight engineer's station than an overhead?The bottom line is it's just too small for me. The fact that it's not "full scale" isn't the deal breaker either since I don't fly using a shared cockpit or a First Officer. I could certainly accept a 3/4 scale or some other variation. There is a thing as being "too compact" I'm a big guy and at only roughly a square foot in dimensions one of my concerns would be being able to manipulate the switches without inadvertently tripping something unintended. It will be interesting to see if you have any issues with this during your use?Your pit layout does look nice and we share some common gear, good luck and do post a picture when your finished.

RE Thomason Jr.

I could certainly accept a 3/4 scale or some other variation.
+1

Howard

Well my Vri Overhead came today, tested her out. Did three Cold and Darks and various tests and have to say she works great. Connected right up to Ifly737 (Currently the only profile) and worked as promised.It's heavy as most Vri gear is, solid design, darker than I imagined.Has two USB ports on the rear and spots for a vesa mount. Have not Q/A'd all the lights although the Engine Start switches say "Off" vice "Auto". One other thing of note is the 4 landing lights are ganged together in the software although there are 4 separate switches. The switches are small and I have big hands, nothing too bad, but would be nice to have some rubber tips on them for a better grip.I know one of the gripes is the size, but if you're like me and not going for the full scale setup its a nice alternative. Hopefully soon there will be more profiles released soon. There is a keymapper to map the switches, but have not delved into yet, nor have I tested the virtual serial port program to see if FSUIPC can recognize it.All in all I like it, really adds to the immersion and doesn't require a second mortgage or sacrificing more space than you'd like. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.dba8406f.jpg2a55c6de.jpg27454020.jpg47238908.jpg267d6ed3.jpg6bb4fc06.jpg2691fdfd.jpg74adb8fc.jpg

Amazing! It could fit on my desk, I want one! Perhaps after it's compatible with the NGX I'll order mine.Such a neat idea to have a mini overhead. To the folks saying it's too small for that price: :Doh: Are you kidding me? And most of the naysayers are the same ones that insist on expensive yolks and quadrants! The point is to have an overhead that's not actually an overhead, but an accessible recreation of one for the non-cockpit builders. If you want a full sized overhead for this price, good luck suckers! Just%20Kidding.gif

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks ohsirus for the mini review!Do You need both USB connections to have the unit operable?