Well my Vri Overhead came today, tested her out. Did three Cold and Darks and various tests and have to say she works great. Connected right up to Ifly737 (Currently the only profile) and worked as promised.It's heavy as most Vri gear is, solid design, darker than I imagined.Has two USB ports on the rear and spots for a vesa mount. Have not Q/A'd all the lights although the Engine Start switches say "Off" vice "Auto". One other thing of note is the 4 landing lights are ganged together in the software although there are 4 separate switches. The switches are small and I have big hands, nothing too bad, but would be nice to have some rubber tips on them for a better grip.I know one of the gripes is the size, but if you're like me and not going for the full scale setup its a nice alternative. Hopefully soon there will be more profiles released soon. There is a keymapper to map the switches, but have not delved into yet, nor have I tested the virtual serial port program to see if FSUIPC can recognize it.All in all I like it, really adds to the immersion and doesn't require a second mortgage or sacrificing more space than you'd like. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.
Nice one Vincent. It sound slike you're a happy man, let us know how you get on.
Amazing! It could fit on my desk, I want one! Perhaps after it's compatible with the NGX I'll order mine.Such a neat idea to have a mini overhead. To the folks saying it's too small for that price: :Doh: Are you kidding me? And most of the naysayers are the same ones that insist on expensive yolks and quadrants! The point is to have an overhead that's not actually an overhead, but an accessible recreation of one for the non-cockpit builders. If you want a full sized overhead for this price, good luck suckers! Just%20Kidding.gif
Hi Zach, sure, but in fairness it wasn't the size of the panel not being fullsize that was the issue, but more that the panel was just a little too small for some of us. Anyway, we are all different, thank god, and I'm looking forward to Vincents' review!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Thanks ohsirus for the mini review!Do You need both USB connections to have the unit operable?
The Rear USB are ports for accessories, It came with a LED strip. Sucks that now my FS2crew FO can no longer operate the overhead as he has no physical hands :sad:

Now this gets interesting... what about an overhead panel displayed on a touch screen? Has anyone had any success with this. That will mean your friendly FO, whenever he arrives with the accompanying FS2Crew (SDK!) will still be able to operate the panel....

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Prosim737 overhead is designed for touchscreens, dont think the others do. Prosim lets you just touch the name/position of what u want to do, no right clicks etc. Not sure what SDK you mean, but I imagine PMDGs will also have the same FS2crew issue if you have actual hardware switches that determine ingame states.

Hi,Probably a daft question but can you minimise the overhead panel software ?, I really don't want this visible during flying.Thanks in advanceAndi :Shocked:

Hi,Probably a daft question but can you minimise the overhead panel software ?, I really don't want this visible during flying.Thanks in advanceAndi :Shocked:
The Overhead panel doesnt need to be displayed, just showing the relation of both.

By any chance is the panel back lit or are there provisions for back lighting?ThanksKevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

By any chance is the panel back lit or are there provisions for back lighting?ThanksKevin
No backlighting , and no provisions as far as I can tell.