Sign in to follow this  
Slymitch

Texture problems

Hey everybody,I have been having problems lately with my sim involving textures loading and some minor frame rate issues. I believe my specs are easily capable enough of running the NGX without a problem for 1. It has been not too bad in recent times, and 2. I have seen people with lower specs performing just as well with their sim. My first issue is lately I have been doing flights where the loading of the textures has been good at the start of the flight but then on arrival the loading of the textures runs into a brick wall (cockpit covered in grey, blurries, livery textures, the whole thing)It seems as the flight goes on my texture loading processes on the sim get slower and lower. I have checked multiple possibilities for this issues but to no avail have found no cure.My second issue is that i don't believe I am achieving the optimum frame rates with my specs, as follows:Intel i5 2500K OC to 4.4GHzGigabyte GTX 570 1280MB8GB RAM1TB HDD

Noctua NH-U9B-SE2 Performance CPU Cooler

For example at ORBX Melbourne I get 18-24 sitting on the runway, then on finals on at the end of a flight the other day i was getting around 8, I don't belive that this is the best frames I could be getting out of my machine. I have checked cpu load usually around 90-100% while flying and the and my computer memory usage usually around 4-5 GB's. I already use ventubo cfg tweak etc.I would appreciate it if someone could help me out,Thanks in advance :( ,Mitch.

Edited by Slymitch

Melbourne is notorious for low frame rates but I can still fly in there okay with a quad core at 3.0 ghz. You just have to tone your graphics settings down a bit when flying into ORBX sceneries cause even with the best systems your going to be pushing the limits of your hardware if you have your sliders maxed out.It is not just the YMML you have to take into consideration but also the HD resolution of the NGX, plus HD REX clouds as well if your using that. Add all that up with some bad weather and it will bring even the best systems to low frame rates. In addition to that if your not using 7cm texture resolution on ORBX sceneries it wont display the way the developer designed it to.The solution is to be a little more conservative with your sliders on ORBX sceneries. 2x low water, Autogen Normal, and cloud draw at 60 nm would be good settings for ORBX Sceneries. This way you can keep your Level of Detail Radius, Mesh Complexity and Level of Detail maxed out, with mesh resolution at 10m, and texture resolution at 7cm.You will also get a huge boost of FPS by turning aircraft and ground shadows off.Follow the above recommendations and on your rig you should get around 20 fps or better on approach.If that is still not enough start cutting back on your AI traffic and/or unticking some of the Melbourne Scenery boxes with YMML control panel.

Edited by UAL115

Hi Paul,I already have the settings you recommended, my sliders are relatively conservative (normal autogen, cloud draw 60, 1x high water) and even some of the things you said I could have maxed out a bit lower but I still think my sim isn't running to it's full potential (20-25 FPS). But the main problem was the TEXTURES and Frames getting lower as the flight went on. With a GTX570 I shouldn't have any problems loading textures.Thanks, Mitch.

Edited by Slymitch

Mitch,Do you have the replacement uiautomationcore.dll file? The degradation at the end of the flight sounds like the symptoms of that...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Is that the dll that stops your flightsim form crashing when you go into the menu a few times, because if it is, then yes. Although the last time i replaced it was about 3 months ago if that makes a difference.Thanks, Mitch.

Edited by Slymitch

I may found my issue,I believe this could be related to ntdll.dll, every time I start FSX it crashes, then when start up again it works I checked event viewer and the faulting module was ntdll.dll for every time it crashed on first start up, anyone know what this issue is and how to solve it?Thanks, Mitch

This issue seems to be becoming a real problem, each time I do a flight my frames go right down as the flight goes on, I depart with 35 and arrive with 10. So I load up in at the airport were I was getting 10 on finals, and I am getting 35-40.Can someone please help me I just re-installed fs and it has made no difference.Please help, Mitch

Hi,Ihad this issue with other aircraft and deleting fsx.cfg and allowing to rebuild it solved my problem. I also had to do the tweaks (mainly *******) from scratch. Hope this helps.

Hi Jan,I have already tried rebuilding my .cfg and with the tweaks but this hasn't worked.Thanks anyway, Mitch.

This seemed to help alot on my system. I plan on upping the pool size 2MB's on th next flight to see what happens.PoolSize=8000000RejectThreshold=126976My TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is still at 1024. It seems to work better then 4096.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

This is something that has been commented on before. It has nothing to do with whatever settings there are, for the simple reason that the percentage of gain would be relative across the entire flight. This problem of decreasing framerates as thre flight progresses suggests that it could be attributable to the VAS. There is a thread being discussed over at the Orbx forum regarding this very thing. Peter Hayes who is a very knowledgable member of our community seems to have his finger on the pulse. Not sure if this is allowed, but due to the issue, I will add a link to the thread.(Frames degrade over time) Mods, if you wish to delete the link then fine, but please keep my reply within the thread as it is of great importance, cheers. http://www.orbxsyste...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I believe this could be related to ntdll.dll,
Are you overclocking your rig, Mitch? ntdll.dll is a prime culprit for O/C crashes..I would get them all the time when my sys was overclocked beyond 5Ghz..now I've lowered it slightly it doesn't do it anymore..also, do you use FSUIPC?bestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I downloaded the uiautomationcore.dll for vista 64 yesterday and placed it in my FSX root directory. I then did a day flight from YMML to YMHB. It was a clear day so not much cloud. Not much AI either, another strike at Qantas I guess. He%20He.gif I found no degradation with FPS and it seemed to be running smoother overall. I have since done some more testing on the ground at EGLL with lots of AI to test some overdrive settings on my GPU, and gained some additional performance. In fact I am really amazed at how smooth it seems now. Could this be attributable to the uiautomationcore.dll? I haven't changed anything else in fsx.cfg. I actually tried setting BufferPools: UsePools=1, PoolSize=100000000, which I have seen in other posts but this actually degraded the performance quite noticeably, so I have reverted back to UsePools=0. All display sliders and settings are, for the most part, per PMDG and FTX documentation and I have set the Target Frame Rate to 40 in FSX per UK2000 EGLL guidelines. I feel as though I've reached my performance threshold and actually quite happy with the results. Also, I will be winding my CPU OC back to 3.98 (190x21) as my temps are too high - around 75c max in FSX.Here's a pic...

Tom, do yourself a favour 'me old fruit and lock your framerate at no more than 30. With respect, locking the framerate at 40 makes no sense and dropping them to 30 or 25 will free up CPU resources for texture loading, I promise. This will also help with blurries. In fact when flying frame heavy AC like the NGX I always advocate locking frames at 25 in FSX. I have my framerate locked now on every flight, regardless of the AC and run at 26. If you look at my sig, you may wonder why, well, for one reason only, I get beautifully smooth, stutter free flying and very few blurries!! My AG is set no more than normal with the NGX and very dense when flying a GA :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Tom, do yourself a favour 'me old fruit and lock your framerate at no more than 30. With respect, locking the framerate at 40 makes no sense and dropping them to 30 or 25 will free up CPU resources for texture loading, I promise. This will also help with blurries. In fact when flying frame heavy AC like the NGX I always advocate locking frames at 25 in FSX. I have my framerate locked now on every flight, regardless of the AC and run at 26. If you look at my sig, you may wonder why, well, for one reason only, I get beautifully smooth, stutter free flying and very few blurries!! My AG is set no more than normal with the NGX and very dense when flying a GA :(
Ok, I think I can live with 2530, I'll give it a go. Wound the clock back today and all good with Prime95 and my temps are right down, max 86c on torture (and 70 in FSX) and it's been friggin hot here the last few days!. Bought a new toy today, check my sig. Looking at your sig I'm not surprised you're getting smooth performance...jealous. :( Time to start thinking about a new rig - what would you go for if you had the money? Now there's an idea for a topic.