Sign in to follow this  
LarryRF

woke up in the morning thinking....about Flight

OK, don't ask me why, but...woke up to go to work, and this thought pops in my head out of nowhere. Not hard as my wife always tells me that what lies between my ears is litterally "nowhere" :Just Kidding:Flight--designed for the masses? Brings new people into a sort of sim (I'm guessing, Flight has not been released yet)P3D-- MS sells the code for FSX, P3D team developes it further, tweaks the code etc for commercial use only.P3D guy says-- "hey" lets market this to the people on the sim forums. We don't need to sell it to them, we will lease it affordably. Other P3D guy says--...hmmm, I wonder how MS will feel about that? 1st P3D guys says,-- "lets ask"Emails are sent, MS thinks about it's response...MS guy-- ok, we all know when Flight is released, the "hardcore" sim crowd is going to go bananas...lets talk about P3D. If we allow it as they ask, sort of turn a blind eye towards it, would it maybe take some of the sting away? MS guy # 2-- I don't know, they are a pretty hardcore bunch and have been looking for Flight as a replacement to FSX.MS guy-- Yea, but this subscription model interests me...you know the higher ups LOVE the subscription model. If P3D becomes the defacto replacement for FSX, will it sell?MS guy # 2-- hmmm, well, if we let P3D deal with it, it's no cost to us for this "trial balloon" so to speak. If we can get them to share their subscription database, we could look at this as a viable option in the future "if it sells". MS guy-- how will this affect Flight sales?MS # 2-- could go either way..but there is always the "nukem option" :(MS guy-- yea...if it works, we buy out P3D for the non- commerial user and market it as FS Next!! A logical step up from Flight !!New email from MS--You have green light for your subscription and flight sim hobbiest activities...lets keep it low key though...no blaring ads...keep it to the forums..oh yeah, all we ask in return is you share your subscription database...we are only interested in the number of subscribers and your guestimate on how many are actual developers and how many are hobbiest end users..P3D-- you got it !!Ok, like I said, this popped in my head for no reason...actually scared me LOL...I stayed away from these forms for a full day :( Couple of caveats--- this assumes Flight is what appears to be an entry level sort of sim...I don't know and I'm willing to wait and see.And I have NO insider info...I'm a nobody and all this is just conjecture (and perhaps wishful thinking :( )

is it only me or do I smell a locked thread here....he did say something about PreparD3, did he not??

I woke up thinking about Turkish drummers. It didn't take long - I don't know much about Turkish drummers...

Edited by J van E

All turkeys are expert drummers. They are hatched with two drumsticks at the ready.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

And I have NO insider info...I'm a nobody and all this is just conjecture
You're right, and you should have stayed in bed and snored it off.... Edited by airlinejets

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.