Sign in to follow this  
Edu_Rubini

RAT

They modeled the ADG (McDonnell Douglas' version of the RAT) on the MD-11 so I don't see why they wouldn't do it on the T7.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

They'll have a simulation of the A/T Throttle system, along with the A/P Pilot, too....and now I'm off to an ATM Machine, but I forgot my PIN Number.Sorry - I had to.(For those of you who didn't get that: RAT is an acronym for Ram Air Turbine, so "RAT Turbine" is redundant")As Kenny noted, it was on the MD-11, it will likely be on the 777. I couldn't say why it wouldn't. First person who points out that they didn't simulate the RAT on the 737 fails and has to write "I will RTFM" on the board until the board is covered....and then clap out the erasers.(Sadly, today's generation won't be able to appreciate that reference with a lot of schools using whiteboards now)

Kyle Rodgers

I am also pretty sure they wont forget TAC Compensation either.. ;)A bit of random info - Most Airlines operating the 777 when it came into service would train pilots in the sim with TAC engaged. Sods law - one of the first major real world engine failures on the 777 also disabled the TAC system. (major bad luck but in aviation anything is possible) Oh and if you don't know what TAC is you should probably start studying, the 777 is not a big 737 as I hear quite a few simmers say.Or I could just be helpfull and give those who dont know a link :) http://www.infinidim.org/2011/05/18/b777-tac-thrust-asymmetry-compensation/

Rob Prest

I am also pretty sure they wont forget TAC Compensation either.. ;)
haha - love it.

Kyle Rodgers

They'll have a simulation of the A/T Throttle system, along with the A/P Pilot, too....and now I'm off to an ATM Machine, but I forgot my PIN Number.Sorry - I had to.(For those of you who didn't get that: RAT is an acronym for Ram Air Turbine, so "RAT Turbine" is redundant")
So is Automatic Teller Machine Machine!I had to, too.

So is Automatic Teller Machine Machine!
You'll note my post was full of them, all intentional:A/T Throttle, A/P Pilot, ATM Machine, and PIN Number were all intentional and all overly redundant.Now don't let me forget my CAC Card when I log off this thing...

Kyle Rodgers

They'll have a simulation of the A/T Throttle system, along with the A/P Pilot, too....and now I'm off to an ATM Machine, but I forgot my PIN Number.Sorry - I had to.(For those of you who didn't get that: RAT is an acronym for Ram Air Turbine, so "RAT Turbine" is redundant")As Kenny noted, it was on the MD-11, it will likely be on the 777. I couldn't say why it wouldn't. First person who points out that they didn't simulate the RAT on the 737 fails and has to write "I will RTFM" on the board until the board is covered....and then clap out the erasers.(Sadly, today's generation won't be able to appreciate that reference with a lot of schools using whiteboards now)
Whiteboard? Erarers? What's that? You must mean smartboard:p

Whiteboard? Erarers? What's that? You must mean smartboard:p
Wait a second. Stupid Arizona. I've only had a smart board used in maybe two classes...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg