Sign in to follow this  
HiFly

DWC incorrectly interpolating Temps on climb/descent

Though I have serious issues about lack of cloud cover using AS2012, until now I have been pleased with overall performance of AS2012 correctly depicting winds/temps aloft. At least I thought so until I noticed unrealistic climb performance issues with both ConcordeX and NGX. Winds seemed to be correctly depicting (with relatively correct interpolations on climbs/descents) but when I examined the OAT (SAT) I noticed that it was not being correctly interpolated between the metar levels. The temps seem to stick at the wind/temp levels until plane has climbed 200 ft above and then the temps rapidly fall to the correct temp (according to the REPORT page in AS2012). But then they stay the same again up 200 feet above the next level. (By level, I mean the discreet altitudes at which the wind/temp aloft info is provided in AS2012 metars). This causes unrealitic performance issues which complex simulations such as NGX or ConcordeX that correctly model engine performance on OAT. I went back to ASE and under DWC mode found the same issue but to lessor extent. ASE Standard mode, however, correctly implements the temperature at all altitudes with correct interpolation between reporting levels. I am about to confirm the same with AS2012. Seems that if Hifi is able to do it correctly in Standard they should be able to also do it correctly in DWC. It may be something that Hifi has had to concede in order to develop the DWC mode. I sure hope that is not the case. Damian...?

I noticed as well this issue. If that dang simconnect flashing sky issue would go away, it seems standard mode would be the easy to go as long as one had a registered copy of fsuipc to handle wind issues.

Eric